ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas tracked

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by robbertwhitton »

Any volunteers to do o/t over Xmas to collect and deliver tracked items later in the day?,just like our competitors do! Says our boss,good to see were ahead of the game and following our competitors instead of leading,funny how they can chuck money at that but should you go over your time on delivery all hell is let loose!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by Celgar »

Is that the new contract with Clarks shoes you are talking about?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by robbertwhitton »

Celgar wrote:Is that the new contract with Clarks shoes you are talking about?
I’ve no idea just tracked items delivered later in the day over Xmas,I switched off as I won’t be volunteering for it,funny enough I have more than enough to do at the festive period
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by SpacePhoenix »

robbertwhitton wrote:
Celgar wrote:Is that the new contract with Clarks shoes you are talking about?
I’ve no idea just tracked items delivered later in the day over Xmas,I switched off as I won’t be volunteering for it,funny enough I have more than enough to do at the festive period
It's not just for Xmas, it's most likely a new LAT contract. At some point every DO is going to have to introduce their own LAT duty
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by centenaryman »

weve been told several spares are to be moved to 11-7 so doing parcels over xmas....and that were expecting a van from the mail centre at dinner time with tracked to be delivered that day
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by 97gaz »

W
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by Sir Henry »

centenaryman wrote:weve been told several spares are to be moved to 11-7
Voluntarily or.....?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by Seymour Buts »

I do it every year, 7 to half 2 this year. Full time contract is handy that time of the year.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by Celgar »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:
Celgar wrote:Is that the new contract with Clarks shoes you are talking about?
I’ve no idea just tracked items delivered later in the day over Xmas,I switched off as I won’t be volunteering for it,funny enough I have more than enough to do at the festive period
It's not just for Xmas, it's most likely a new LAT contract. At some point every DO is going to have to introduce their own LAT duty
For all DOs that wish to hold on to their existing budget the logic is to for your DOM to apply for any local LAT work now!Collections SA are going to be reduced and emptying of post boxes will all be allocated to walks leaving just firms and post office collections on an SA.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Xmas tracked

Post by centenaryman »

Sir Henry wrote:
centenaryman wrote:weve been told several spares are to be moved to 11-7
Voluntarily or.....?

no moved.

xmas plans about a month ago.....told spares what they'll be doing