ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hybrid duty
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Hybrid duty
Hi you all, quick question about hybrid duty. I'm being offered hybrid duty 10-6 delivery and collection. Is there any extra supplement for doing collection as part of your duty?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Hybrid duty
No
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Hybrid duty
no finishing early on them babelBabel071 wrote:Hi you all, quick question about hybrid duty. I'm being offered hybrid duty 10-6 delivery and collection. Is there any extra supplement for doing collection as part of your duty?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
officernopants
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 19 Mar 2018, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Hybrid duty
No and I wouldn't recommend it, I tried a hybrid duty about 2 years ago your supposed to arrive at your start sign for specials and can key and go but the amount of time my round was not prepped or was prepped with no care ( one day I had 64 missorts including tracked)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Hybrid duty
The guys on our Hybrids don't work Saturdays..... so maybe that's a big
For you. From what I can tell they are always prepped in time, so it's just a case of the late starts to think about. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Hybrid duty
Dorset plodder how are their walks covered on a Saturday I,m on a Hybrid but with a rotating day off working longer hours during the week and a 5 hour day on a Saturday would love a Mon to Fri
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Hybrid duty
Thanks for advice.
I'm still not sure if it's worth it as from I've been told on heavy days (and Xmas pressure) it's a killer. I don't mind working my hours just don't want to run to make sure delivery is done before collection starts
I'm still not sure if it's worth it as from I've been told on heavy days (and Xmas pressure) it's a killer. I don't mind working my hours just don't want to run to make sure delivery is done before collection starts
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Hybrid duty
We've got some REALLY SHORT contracts like 8 hours Sat only!Stammerking wrote:Dorset plodder how are their walks covered on a Saturday I,m on a Hybrid but with a rotating day off working longer hours during the week and a 5 hour day on a Saturday would love a Mon to Fri
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)