ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Querie

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by Smith1212 »

Part time postie and today while with full time postie and his normal fixed route went well over but the full timer forgot about the specials and tried delivery after 1pm so what’s the deal with this I know it’s not the end of the world but it can’t be good ! But again we had some much mail and parcels I guess sometimes it gets the better of people
Tomolo208
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by Tomolo208 »

Your manager will get a note that the specials failed and may approach you to ask why, if you haven't spoken to him/her already.

Make sure you're on top of them from now, dont take any chances as they are a big deal for targets.

If it's your first offence it'll be a slap on the wrists and a dont do it again, so don't worry too much.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by Smith1212 »

He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by Postie45 »

youre supposed to know between you where the specials are for, sure he is primary carer of them as he signed them out, but it doesnt mean you have no responsibility at all. In future id suggest making a point of knowing where the SDs are for. As for slapped wrist, it could actually be a little more serious than that depending on your DOM and how often it happens in your office, could result in conduct code, you wont get fired or anything but at worst youd have a warning. Dont want to worry you, but also want to be honest.
Last edited by Postie45 on 07 Nov 2018, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by centenaryman »

i sign our specials out for the 2 walks,,,but I make my partner aware of the specials..an any probs ie last loop having them...we often change loops order to get them in..and I like to think we work together on getting it done.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by Smith1212 »

cheers for replies
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Querie

Post by Interested-seeker »

Smith1212 wrote:He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops
The driver and the one signing the specials out is ultimately responsible for them.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Querie

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Interested-seeker wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops
The driver and the one signing the specials out is ultimately responsible for them.
This. I was on a walk once and a special went missing. Because I was the one that signed them put I got the blame. Got a warning that is all so don't worry to much.