ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Last day and claiming overtime.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pheonix1
Posts: 13
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 10:02
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Pheonix1 »

Hi Guys,

Thank for the support I have recieved from you on here, it’s been great. Tomorrow is my last day of my weeks notice period, having worked for the company for just over a month.

I just need a last bit of advice please.

I have not claimed any o/t in the past due to being told I can only claim if I have finished my duty and and I was picking up extra work. After reading posts on here I understand you can claim.

After coming in at 7am (told that was what everyone did) and not claiming meal relief as I needed to finish as close to 2 as possible and often walking out the building at 2:30 I am owed a fair ammount.

Firstly can I claim this back on my last day? Although it seems unlikely.

Secondly would there be any backlash if I didn’t turn up tomorrow? Or left straight after my exit interview? I wanted to go in for my exit interview and tell them the reasons I am leaving as I feel I have been treated unfairly and the person doing the interview is from another office. I need to leave at 1:30 pm anyway to provide my new employer with ID so either way I need to leave early.

As I said in previous posts, I really think this could be a great job, but the way bew starters are treated is
abysmal.

Many thanks in advance!
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Smith1212 »

Don’t think you can claim back ! In the set day you say your be going over with phone call and there list you on the sheet ! Sorry your leaving I’ve been at Royal Mail 5 months now it’s hard to deal with the managers and the stress but if you can speak up and not be pushed around it’s a brilliant job.all the best
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Sir Henry »

Nothing ventured nothing gained, enlist your rep to help you claim the o/t that the lying scumfucks have cheated you out of. I wouldn't set much store in the exit interview, all the screws piss in the same pot. Or on each other. When they're not pissing on us that is.
f**k the management.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Is right Sir Henry !!!!!
I am resigning after 37 years they can stick their exit interview up their arse !!!!
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by hothothot »

I left 4 months ago , never had no exit interview , wasn't offered , didn't no it existed. After working for RM for 20 odd years , I can tell you I've never been so content and happy.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by rambo1 »

Sir Henry wrote:Nothing ventured nothing gained, enlist your rep to help you claim the o/t that the lying scumfucks have cheated you out of. I wouldn't set much store in the exit interview, all the screws piss in the same pot. Or on each other. When they're not pissing on us that is.
f**k the management.
They drink that much tea, all that pxss has to go somewhere!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Navalron »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Is right Sir Henry !!!!!
I am resigning after 37 years they can stick their exit interview up their arse !!!!

Ciderboy, I would have jumped on the panel and went for I'll health mate. Get the cash of the b......s then go get another job. After 37 years there is no way I would be walking away with nothing.........NO CHANCE. :thumbdown
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Last day and claiming overtime.

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

On sick ATM, under conduct investigation being stitched up .
So I have had a couple of job offers , have wife and 3 kids to provide for , can't see them offering pay off for medical grounds .