Hi there,
I came back to work about 3 weeks ago after 2 months off sick leave with a back problem - all certificated etc.
After returning to my DO yesterday a letter was waiting for me. I didn't open it til I got home, but it was an invitation to attend the Formal Level 1 Attendence Review. The stated time and date is tomorrow (Mon) at 9.00. It also had a reply slip would or wouldn't I be attending etc.
So I have no chance of getting hold of Area Rep, and I also the injury was caused at work by pushing a faulty h.c trolley. Are they trying to shaft me because they know that I couldn't get the union in by then?
So shall I tell the Lino that I will attend but not until I can get Union Rep?
Thanks in advance.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
Isn't it standard if you have more than 14 days off? Don't worry about it, if you have a note it's no problem. If you don't feel comfortable going in without a rep and you're unable to get one in time, just say as much; say you'll attend once a rep is available.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
all sickness is treated as genuine, thus when you break any of the standards you get attendance reviews. You can delay it until you can bring a rep if you wish. If you foresee future issues with your injury id probably advise you to do so, otherwise its not that big of a deal.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
ALWAYS take a rep into any meeting with management. We know what bullying they can come away with. Their are good managers in RM but sadly they are the minority.
-
Pollyp
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 22:21
- Gender: Female
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
They have to,give you 72 hours notice in writing. This 72 hours is from the date you receive your letter. ALWAYS take a rep in with you
-
h3xusr
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 10 Oct 2018, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
You can ask to rearrange the meeting until you have a union rep available to attend with you, this is classed as 'reasonable time' to rearrange and employers are legally required to oblige, less than 24 hours notice for an attendance meeting or any type of meeting with management is totally unreasonable.azza30 wrote:Hi there,
I came back to work about 3 weeks ago after 2 months off sick leave with a back problem - all certificated etc.
After returning to my DO yesterday a letter was waiting for me. I didn't open it til I got home, but it was an invitation to attend the Formal Level 1 Attendence Review. The stated time and date is tomorrow (Mon) at 9.00. It also had a reply slip would or wouldn't I be attending etc.
So I have no chance of getting hold of Area Rep, and I also the injury was caused at work by pushing a faulty h.c trolley. Are they trying to shaft me because they know that I couldn't get the union in by then?
So shall I tell the Lino that I will attend but not until I can get Union Rep?
Thanks in advance.
I'm sure they will be fine for you to rearrange
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
In the morning ask if you can have it another day as 24 hour notice isn’t procedure or law.
You’re entitled to have a rep in with don’t under no circumstances go in without one.
You’re entitled to have a rep in with don’t under no circumstances go in without one.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
As everyone else has said take a rep into the meeting with you , with 20 odd years working at RM never ever trust management , they lie , and will screw you over if given a chance.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Level 1 Formal Attendance review.
Thanks to all the replies. It's what I thought, they must have known I had no chance of getting a rep in by Monday 9am, as we don't have one in our office. Think they want to try and get out of the fact this injury occurred at work. So I will ask him to reasonably delay it so I can arrange the union to come in.
Thanks All
Thanks All