ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 hrs missing on payslip
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Hello girls and boys. I worked really hard last week as I needed some extra money ( soon father to be so I need all the money in the world) . Worked 6 days. The managers told me to come 30 min -45 min earlier than usual ( on rota) as I was double prepping...plus every day at least 2 hours overtime . Just to find out today ( payslip) I was paid normal ( 24 hours / week plus 10 h/ OT....what should I do? Thanks
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Is so frustrating and disappointing...I will get my money? What's the best step to follow. I'm pretty sure someone was in this scenario once
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Really really stupid me...I didn't wrote down at home my hours worked...but I was listed...I signed every time... every single managers called me if I can take some bags as overtime...so they know all about my overtime...I'm on 24h contract
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Speak to your manager in the morning mate and ask what is going on and speak to union rep. Happens regularly in my office. Get a diary and keep note of every minute cause they r thieving pr**s. Its disappointing though when u bust ur balls all week and then its not paid.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
A very common occurance in Royal Mail WM. It certainly has happened to most of us. You could search the Blue Shirts section for something like, "Not paid the corect hours".
Basically you need to be recording all your hours worked in a Diary. The CWU Unit Rep can normally flog you one about this time of year for a couple of quid. Fill it in every day with the Duty you were on, what work you did i.e "45 mins extra IPs" etc. And include notes such as "DOM asked me to work an extra 45mins on IPS Tues" Add up your overtime and then when you get your payslip double check it. If you're short I suggest you firstly write down a copy of what's in your diary and give it to the DOM (with PCs now it's easy to keep a copy), I also give the Unit Rep a copy (he must love me). Sometimes it's a genuine mistake and you simply say, "So I can expect to see these owed hours in next weeks pay... Right"? Sometimes the Sneaker DOMs try to fiddle their Budget figures by spreading your owed overtime over a few weeks so it doesn't look so bad on them. Beware this trick.
If he starts Bullshitting You simply say, "I'll be taking this up with my Rep, with a view to putting in a Grievance". This is basically just an Official, written, complaint on your behalf. Sometimes the threat is enough to make the DOM do his job properly, because he doesn't want his Boss to find out what he's up to.
If your Rep doesn't help you, or you feel he's not taking you seriously, get the telephone number of the Area Delivery Rep (it's usually on a Union Notice Board, or communication, somewhere in the Delivery Office. If not ask your Unit Rep, sometimes this is enough to make HIM start doing his job properly.
Give him a ring and tell him you've already spoken to your Union Rep and give him the facts.
Hopefully your Area Delivery Rep will be able to help you. We're all keen to make a bit of extra overtime cash but if you're not getting paid for it what's the point? You may have to say to the DOM, "I won't be working any Overtime for you until you sort out what you owe me" and in future make sure he confirms any Overtime he's agreed to pay you... BEFORE... you do it. Good Luck.
Basically you need to be recording all your hours worked in a Diary. The CWU Unit Rep can normally flog you one about this time of year for a couple of quid. Fill it in every day with the Duty you were on, what work you did i.e "45 mins extra IPs" etc. And include notes such as "DOM asked me to work an extra 45mins on IPS Tues" Add up your overtime and then when you get your payslip double check it. If you're short I suggest you firstly write down a copy of what's in your diary and give it to the DOM (with PCs now it's easy to keep a copy), I also give the Unit Rep a copy (he must love me). Sometimes it's a genuine mistake and you simply say, "So I can expect to see these owed hours in next weeks pay... Right"? Sometimes the Sneaker DOMs try to fiddle their Budget figures by spreading your owed overtime over a few weeks so it doesn't look so bad on them. Beware this trick.
If he starts Bullshitting You simply say, "I'll be taking this up with my Rep, with a view to putting in a Grievance". This is basically just an Official, written, complaint on your behalf. Sometimes the threat is enough to make the DOM do his job properly, because he doesn't want his Boss to find out what he's up to.
Hopefully your Area Delivery Rep will be able to help you. We're all keen to make a bit of extra overtime cash but if you're not getting paid for it what's the point? You may have to say to the DOM, "I won't be working any Overtime for you until you sort out what you owe me" and in future make sure he confirms any Overtime he's agreed to pay you... BEFORE... you do it. Good Luck.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Thank you all. In every workplace I was ( 3 in total) somebody has to do this dirty things.I will speak tomorrow with my DOM and see what's going on.thank you again
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
If you're moving between DOs it's going to get even more confusing, which gives Unscrupulous DOMs even MORE opportunity to rip you off.WhiteMoses wrote:Thank you all. In every workplace I was ( 3 in total) somebody has to do this dirty things.I will speak tomorrow with my DOM and see what's going on.thank you again
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
I never been to another DO. I worked in my DO all the time.so they will have the sign-in sheets for last week. Thank you
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
I said the 3 places I worked per total... For the last 18 years ( Boots , Argos and RM)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
My mistake WM, I thought you meant you'd been working at 3 other DOs.WhiteMoses wrote:I said the 3 places I worked per total... For the last 18 years ( Boots , Argos and RM)
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
So annoying reading stuff like this going on. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, always been paid for every minute of OT I've ever done but I'd echo what others have said, keep a note of each days OT and if you're underpaid on a regular basis just tell your manager until it's resolved you'll just be working your contracted hours. I'm sure he'll like that, coming up to Christmas and all ;-)
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
20 hrs missing on payslip
Did you fill in the overtime on the sheet and sign it?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
20 hrs missing on payslip
Already said he has donearnold cheshire wrote:Did you fill in the overtime on the sheet and sign it?
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
20 hrs missing on payslip
DON'T let your DOM away with it. DEMAND your money today. Tell them that you have an urgent bill to pay. Wages have an option to pay you on any day as long as they sort it before 4pm. They don't like to as it costs them about £22 but f...I them. Maybe everyone who doesn't get paid should demand the money that YOU have just bust your nuts for. Then when it's costing THEM money they might do something about it as it's the only thing RM understand.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
20 hrs missing on payslip
Then this is really out of orderaiden01 wrote:Already said he has donearnold cheshire wrote:Did you fill in the overtime on the sheet and sign it?