ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
11
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Everybody is rushing that's what the job has become
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Do not be bullied ! Take a meal relief before you leave the office , use a trolley , try neighbours with packets if time permits and walk at a safe / steady pace
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
BUT rushing to sit in the van ?! I’d understand more if we were rushing to complete !arnold cheshire wrote:Everybody is rushing that's what the job has become
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Why do that ?Seagull1983 wrote:BUT rushing to sit in the van ?! I’d understand more if we were rushing to complete !arnold cheshire wrote:Everybody is rushing that's what the job has become
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Don't rush FULL STOP
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Feeling rushed on a van share.
And the PDA will show you sitting in the van for an hour at the end of your duty.Seagull1983 wrote:BUT rushing to sit in the van ?!arnold cheshire wrote:Everybody is rushing that's what the job has become
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
This annoys me too when I get a relief partner (my regular partner is fine). If I know that we’ll get round in plenty of time then I’d rather just take my time than sit in the van for half hour (or however long) at the end.
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
I thought it was just me. I’ll be changing my attitude as of tomorrow. As long as I’m back to depot by 1.45 for 2pm leave that’s my job.nightcrawler wrote:This annoys me too when I get a relief partner (my regular partner is fine). If I know that we’ll get round in plenty of time then I’d rather just take my time than sit in the van for half hour (or however long) at the end.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
One system I liked on Van Shares: Leave a Bag of mail for a street, or close, where the van is parked. First one back to the van has to deliver that extra street, or close.
I thought it worked well.... If you worked with a "Runner" he had to do some more Running. If you were both fairly matched you used to end up doing a few each.
I agree that Rushing around just to end up killing time in the van doesn't make sense.
And as pointed out nowadays with PDA Actuals this short of thing should stick out like a sore thumb, and hopefully get sorted. 
I agree that Rushing around just to end up killing time in the van doesn't make sense.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Ohhhh! To be able to finish at 1.45 . You're so lucky. Chance would be a fine thing, those days are long gone, more like 4pm now. Just another example of a discrepancy in what should be a normalised business. Royal mail is becoming more and more like a franchise with each office having their own times and rules and loaning posties out to other offices which is very inefficient, just because it won't come out the loaning offices budget. Makes no sense when all office budgets get rolled into the national one.Seagull1983 wrote:I thought it was just me. I’ll be changing my attitude as of tomorrow. As long as I’m back to depot by 1.45 for 2pm leave that’s my job.nightcrawler wrote:This annoys me too when I get a relief partner (my regular partner is fine). If I know that we’ll get round in plenty of time then I’d rather just take my time than sit in the van for half hour (or however long) at the end.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
did someone have a gun at your head telling you to walk faster? I am very confused
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
Even more confused by you sittng in the van for an hour when you must be aware of PDA actuals.. wtf is going on in your head
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
speak for yourself yo i finished at today, one hour over my time. no rush, no stress, no worries.arnold cheshire wrote:Everybody is rushing that's what the job has become
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Feeling rushed on a van share.
I’m new, so what’s s pda actual ? The gun being pointed at me is a sarcastic woman with a face like thunder !! Maybe I’m overthinking it.postmanzach wrote:Even more confused by you sittng in the van for an hour when you must be aware of PDA actuals.. wtf is going on in your head