ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting quicker BUT .....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Seagull1983 »

Now just leaving parcels on doorstep, not even bothering with docket through letterbox unless I leave parcel behind or side of house. Obviously I do specials and signed for correctly but even missing some letters going through pda. Was told by dom can’t leave anything on front seat in van due to theft, this got a shout of “can’t do my job unless I do that” right in front of him, ridiculous, empty words. Is it possible to get sacked from Royal Mail unless you assault or steal ?!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Seagull1983 wrote:Now just leaving parcels on doorstep, not even bothering with docket through letterbox unless I leave parcel behind or side of house.
Bad idea, easy way to get the sack
Seagull1983 wrote:Was told by dom can’t leave anything on front seat in van due to theft, this got a shout of “can’t do my job unless I do that” right in front of him, ridiculous, empty words. Is it possible to get sacked from Royal Mail unless you assault or steal ?!
Probably possible to get the sack for compromising mail security
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

Is this a real post?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

I used to do packets with a walk full on the front seat then they came up with this nothing to be in view rubbish so they obviously have never done the job
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

Are you posting recordeds ?
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by hothothot »

How many days have you been in the job ? Because I don't think you will be lasting many more.
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Seagull1983 »

Would never post a recorded or special.

Why is this a joke post ? Is it obvious everybody does it ?

Or am I on a tough round and feel I have to do these things to come complete?
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Seagull1983 »

Question (as I would like to keep my job): I need to pda a package (no signature needed), no reply from the front door, do you all seriously take the large parcel/package that won’t fit through letterbox) box to depot ? That is a serious question. I’d be bringing 20/30 back a day !
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Glp28357 »

Seagull1983 wrote:Question (as I would like to keep my job): I need to pda a package (no signature needed), no reply from the front door, do you all seriously take the large parcel/package that won’t fit through letterbox) box to depot ?
Yes! That is a serious answer!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

You would be better quickly writing dockets out never door step
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Glp28357 »

Seagull1983 wrote:Would never post a recorded or special.

Why is this a joke post ? Is it obvious everybody does it ?
No, they don't!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

If people are out it will take longer
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

We have a postie who uses a hover board
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by arnold cheshire »

The type from back to the future
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Getting quicker BUT .....

Post by Decky Boy »

arnold cheshire wrote:Is this a real post?
I was thinking the same thing myself :crazy: