ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost Parcel.
-
edward918
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Was told by a customer today that despite having a notification card saying "Parcel at number 17" last Saturday, the parcel wasn't at that address. I would have either notified the parcel for it to be either collected at the DO or redelivered or taken it to a neighbour. I can't seem to remember whether the parcel was tracked and has a dodgy barcode or was just a normal one.
Asked my DO whether the parcel was for some reason there, they can't find anything on the system, I then went back after my shift and told the customer the news.
What else can I do? Where could the parcel be??
Asked my DO whether the parcel was for some reason there, they can't find anything on the system, I then went back after my shift and told the customer the news.
What else can I do? Where could the parcel be??
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Lost Parcel.
Maybe No17 is lying? Maybe the person who says it missing is lying? Have you pinched it? .... No
Lessons hopefully learnt? If they not in 739 it & take it back, never do neighbours, even if they offer.
Lessons hopefully learnt? If they not in 739 it & take it back, never do neighbours, even if they offer.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Don't stress over it stuff goes missing everyday. Don't leave stuff at neighbors it's not worth the hassle.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
You went above and beyond going back after your shif,most things turn up eventually. Don't worry about it.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Don't deliver to neighbours. You can't trust them! The buck stops with you!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
There's only two safe places:
1) With the address on the item
2) Back at the DO where any docket left items are kept
1) With the address on the item
2) Back at the DO where any docket left items are kept
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Say you took it there, it's standard practice to deliver to a neighbour. If it was tracked or signed for the actuals will back you up anyway. Don't worry about it.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
kinda disagree with some comments here. Deliver to neighbour is standard procedure, and not really much different than if you handed a package to the resident and then they claimed they didnt get it.
Dont worry about this, at end of the day you dont need to go chasing it up, you did your job.
Dont worry about this, at end of the day you dont need to go chasing it up, you did your job.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Quite. I've handed a parcel to a customer and they've denied having it before, what can you do?Postie45 wrote:kinda disagree with some comments here. Deliver to neighbour is standard procedure, and not really much different than if you handed a package to the resident and then they claimed they didnt get it.
Dont worry about this, at end of the day you dont need to go chasing it up, you did your job.
I was cleared of any blame as the actuals showed my location, ALWAYS scan on the doorstep.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Took parcel to neighbour 2 doors away.Customer came in said person did not have parcel.I went back to neighbour same person opened the door.first said no parcel left there.I called there bluff and got my pda out and said it shows it was scanned ( it was not a scanned parcel ).I then showed them the sat nav on my pda ,suddenly it was oh thats right i forgot and then got me parcel. Spoke to manager about it ,he jyst said least customer got parcel.!! Now i will ONLY go to neighbour if it states on pda or note INSIDE the window/door plus it must be a scanned parcel.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
Best advice is to only deliver to a neighbour if you really feel you really know and trust both the 'recipient' and the neighbour. So this boils down to probably only the regular postie on a walk, if there is one, delivering to neighbours. This probably also rules out towns and cities and just leaves close knit villages and rural communities. No offence intended.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Lost Parcel.
It isn't really 100% safe at the address on the item though because there might be a thief in the household or a visiting thief.SpacePhoenix wrote:There's only two safe places:
1) With the address on the item
2) Back at the DO where any docket left items are kept
The daughter might be in a relationship with a junkie - that kind of thing.
And there are constant reports of bad apples among RM staff so back at the DO isn't really much safer.
The only person I can really trust is myself so I take all the packets home with me, just to be on the safe side.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
You might as well start typing your CV out thenclashcityrocker wrote:The only person I can really trust is myself so I take all the packets home with me, just to be on the safe side.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Lost Parcel.
I sense sarcasm with that statement.SpacePhoenix wrote:You might as well start typing your CV out thenclashcityrocker wrote:The only person I can really trust is myself so I take all the packets home with me, just to be on the safe side.