ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Time off, stages
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
I have had 2 periods of this year with lower back problems, the last on a couple of months ago were I went back to work to stop it triggering a stage 2,I have just put my back out again and am hoping the stage 1 has cleared that was issued in April, so I am hoping I will just trigger a stage 1 again am I right.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
If issues before 22nd it would be clear yea. What’s wrong with your back
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
On going muscle problems that go within a week or so but have had it go twice this year and now 3 times, will check my stage records and hope it was before the 22nd. Yep was issued on 14 April, so even though 8 have had 7 days of since then I will only trigger stage 1 if I go of tomorrow?. It says after stage 1 10 days or 2 absenses in 6 months.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Time off, stages
The new ADVICE from RM is that posties are not giving their bodies enough TIME to recuperate. But when you take the time off that's needed for 100% fitness for return to duties, they take you down the conduct route. Arse from elbow come to mind.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Well I have signed my self of for a week, hope I am better for next week, 3 times this year I need to really start looking after myself better somehow?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Just something not everyone is aware of, if it’s an accident at work you got nothing to worry about, it won’t count. So be sure to make sure if you do hurt yourself working it’s logged as an accident at work.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Time off, stages
Until they decide it was your fault.postmanzach wrote:Just something not everyone is aware of, if it’s an accident at work you got nothing to worry about, it won’t count. So be sure to make sure if you do hurt yourself working it’s logged as an accident at work.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
which is basically the reason why we have so much health and safety nowadays, it has NOTHING to do with our best interests, its about RM covering their arse and making any accidents at work YOUR fault by not following procedures 100%clashcityrocker wrote:Until they decide it was your fault.postmanzach wrote:Just something not everyone is aware of, if it’s an accident at work you got nothing to worry about, it won’t count. So be sure to make sure if you do hurt yourself working it’s logged as an accident at work.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
It's always amazed me that RM hasn't got a list of "Local Specialists" that Posties could get Fast Tracked to, for things like aches & sprains and foot problems (and pay for their treatment ).
The National Health Service is great for major problems but takes forever if it's something like Back Pain. You'd think RM would be keen to keep it's staff fit & working, instead of paying sick pay for recurring problems. We employ more people than the British Army you'd think it was about time we had a professional health care package? 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
is IHR an option for the OP, how would he go about it should he want to go that route ?
-
jim shoe
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:06
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Would to talk to someone reguarding go on no pay
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Please translate?jim shoe wrote:Would to talk to someone reguarding go on no pay
-
jim shoe
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:06
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Getting no pay from Friday last day on the sick was July 2016 had a long term problem took a seizure last week?
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Sorry to here that, I had conversation today saying it has triggered a stage 2, I thought if you didn't have 2 absences or 10 days following a stage one it wouldn't trigger a stage 2, I had I think at most 7 days off after the stage one was issued in the 6 month period after it, I have since has another 5 days of but this was after the 6 months, so why it was triggered I don't know.jim shoe wrote:Getting no pay from Friday last day on the sick was July 2016 had a long term problem took a seizure last week?
-
jim shoe
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:06
- Gender: Male
Time off, stages
Exactly one caused by a tumour and one a seizure absolutely ridiculous