ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
TPO
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
TPO
They've gone (around 2003 i believe is when they got axed). There's a preserved railway (think it's the Grand Central) has demonstrations using ex TPO sorting coaches.
Here's one program that shows them in action: https://youtu.be/0UIKha7laMU?t=382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also have a look out for a DVD called "Special Delivery" which follows what was the Penzance-Bristol (and return) TPO
Here's one program that shows them in action: https://youtu.be/0UIKha7laMU?t=382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also have a look out for a DVD called "Special Delivery" which follows what was the Penzance-Bristol (and return) TPO
-
Binsey
- Posts: 390
- Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
- Gender: Male
TPO
I worked on one of the London TPOs ( Reserve) from 1995 - 1998.
I had a great time overall my best period in Royal Mail.
I throughly believe the end of the trains and the 2nd Deliveries was the transformation of RM from being a publiic service to a business.
I had a great time overall my best period in Royal Mail.
I throughly believe the end of the trains and the 2nd Deliveries was the transformation of RM from being a publiic service to a business.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
TPO
They still have about 12 TPOs on the rail network although they are mostly unmanned parcel vans, and the staff (very few) are employed by EWS railway. They are not scheduled TPOs but are used on an as required basis, for example the Christmas pressure or when the road network is shagged and a lot of failures are in the pipeline. Not that they give a toss about that anymore. When I first started about 1991 the whole office HAD to be cleared o matter what and the link would go along a 'll the frames making sure that only shuts ect were the only letters left. That was a service not a business.