ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving licence checks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by Warriorpostie »

Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one? :hmmmm
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by number one »

Warriorpostie wrote:Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one? :hmmmm
No need to show the paperpart as it all online now
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by centenaryman »

this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......

so never had to bring licence in
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by Warriorpostie »

I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by koolishy67 »

No
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by Seymour Buts »

No, you can bin it.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by P13 »

Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by leolion855 »

direct your DOM here;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driv ... ce-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by Celgar »

centenaryman wrote:this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......

so never had to bring licence in
If your DOM is doing it correctly they still need to take a photocopy of your photo card driving licence to confirm it is still current. The photo card, or rather the photo itself, has to be renewed once every ten years at a cost (Tax???) of ten or twenty quid.
It is true the paper version is no longer issued. I still have mine though and the photo card is kept in the same plastic sleeve with the paper version they issued originally.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by robbertwhitton »

P13 wrote:
Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .
Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Driving licence checks

Post by Warriorpostie »

robbertwhitton wrote:
P13 wrote:
Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .
Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..
:chuckle