ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving licence checks
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one? 
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
No need to show the paperpart as it all online nowWarriorpostie wrote:Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one?
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......
so never had to bring licence in
so never had to bring licence in
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
No, you can bin it.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
direct your DOM here;
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driv ... ce-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driv ... ce-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
If your DOM is doing it correctly they still need to take a photocopy of your photo card driving licence to confirm it is still current. The photo card, or rather the photo itself, has to be renewed once every ten years at a cost (Tax???) of ten or twenty quid.centenaryman wrote:this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......
so never had to bring licence in
It is true the paper version is no longer issued. I still have mine though and the photo card is kept in the same plastic sleeve with the paper version they issued originally.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..P13 wrote:The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Driving licence checks
robbertwhitton wrote:Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..P13 wrote:The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...