ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leaving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Leaving

Post by Post12345 »

Hey guys. I'm just typing up my resignation letter.
I'm pretty sure my notice is 4 weeks, will they pay me my annual leave owed or can I take it during my notice? Even in November....
Many thanks.
Ps I've been here a year if that makes a difference
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by scoobymunster »

Have you found work elsewhere or just too fed up to stay? Annual leave is "earned" over the course of a year, so being 6.5 months in, you're entitled to 2 weeks(+a few days potentially). Have you had any weeks off since April? That'd eat into your entitlement. I don't think it's normal for outstanding leave to be used as part of your notice, but you can always ask. Best of luck!
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Leaving

Post by Post12345 »

Nope no work yet but a few interviews lined up. Just can't bear to be there anymore. Had a row with another full timer today because I'm part time and only want to work my time... same s**t different day I'm just so done...
Not had any leave as yet.... I have no intention to be there in person for the full 4 weeks so see how long I last haha!
Thanks for your help
simplythebest
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Oct 2018, 19:10
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by simplythebest »

Post12345 wrote:Nope no work yet but a few interviews lined up. Just can't bear to be there anymore. Had a row with another full timer today because I'm part time and only want to work my time... same s**t different day I'm just so done...
Not had any leave as yet.... I have no intention to be there in person for the full 4 weeks so see how long I last haha!
Thanks for your help
I understand how you feel, but don't let the idiots get to you. Make a complaint about the full-timer. I honestly don't know what their problem is that they think they can take their stress out on colleagues! Well, actually I do know...THEY ARE BULLIES. DON'T LET THEM WIN!
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Leaving

Post by Post12345 »

simplythebest wrote:
Post12345 wrote:Nope no work yet but a few interviews lined up. Just can't bear to be there anymore. Had a row with another full timer today because I'm part time and only want to work my time... same s**t different day I'm just so done...
Not had any leave as yet.... I have no intention to be there in person for the full 4 weeks so see how long I last haha!
Thanks for your help
I understand how you feel, but don't let the idiots get to you. Make a complaint about the full-timer. I honestly don't know what their problem is that they think they can take their stress out on colleagues! Well, actually I do know...THEY ARE BULLIES. DON'T LET THEM WIN!
I appreciate the advice. Sadly I've been on 6 or 7 new duties in the last couple of weeks that I have never done before for a day or two at most. Each time the full timer kicks off.. and understandably as none of them are completable by 230... I'd end up making complaints against everyone in the office at this rate....
I'm fully aware I'm being managed out by my manager but I give in... haven't got the energy anymore to argue every day for overtime or finish times or annual leave and trust me I've done just that for a year... I give in. Feel like a weight has been lifted already, is only going to get worse before Xmas
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Sir Henry »

I'm sure many in your position might be tempted to go on the sick until they find a job. But that would really piss off the bastards who have been messing with you. :wink:
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Jpro747 »

This is classic RM management divide an conquer at it’s best! Here’s what should happen - the full timer should be supporting you for only wanting to work your hours and they should do the same! If you don’t want to work overtime you don’t have to, end of! I’m sorry it has come to this. :neutral:
Dryfox
Posts: 10
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 12:25
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Dryfox »

Remaining holiday entitlement should be part of your notice period, but my manager said to work the four weeks and holiday would be paid afterwards.

I have had no help from HR and my manager still hasn't told me what I am entitled to, but hopefully it'll all get sorted out..

I have one week left before I leave.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Sir Henry »

If u have a unit rep ask them, if not ask the area rep.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Leaving

Post by Post12345 »

Well I was handing my notice in Saturday as the duty holder (on a walk ive never done before) was outside the office swearing about me starting at 9 and f***ing up his whole life...
Quite apt... the boss asked me why I was leaving and I just told him to listen.....
Bye bye royal mail
Sorry not sorry
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by panch1989 »

Good on you. I'm looking to leave myself. 5 years done with potentially 40 years of work left in me. The jobs gone dramatically downhill and I've had enough. So much so it's effecting my personal time at home. Hopefully get out of it before Christmas. I'll have zero remorse dropping in my resignation in December.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by crimson king »

Post12345 wrote:Well I was handing my notice in Saturday as the duty holder (on a walk ive never done before) was outside the office swearing about me starting at 9 and f***ing up his whole life...
Quite apt... the boss asked me why I was leaving and I just told him to listen.....
Bye bye royal mail
Sorry not sorry
I had this sort of thing happening when I was a reserve for a bit...full timers stropping because of my start time and descending into an indignant sulk, rage or hissy fit when I got my lunch box out and politely inquired as to when they took their break.

Sad to say, some fellow posties can be just as bad as management at times. Hope it all works out for you and, hey, at least you'll enjoy your Christmas.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.