ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
The UK national press covered the latest news regarding Rico Blacks 'key money' to move from one department of RM to another one. The nearly six million pounds remuneration fee was channeled via the GLS head office in the Netherlands so Rico will not pay one penny of tax on this windfall to the HMRC. Apparently Rico was also paid much more per annum to run GLS than Moya was paid per annum to RM in the UK.
Yesterday Miss Ni-Chionna, who is in charge of executive remuneration at RM, along with an executive from Unilever were hauled up in front of the business select committee to answer questions. It's a pity that Peter Long left sooner than expected otherwise he could have joined her up there to answer for himself. The following is a link to film of the committee meeting from the Parliament channel:
https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... 3ddf90a8a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yesterday Miss Ni-Chionna, who is in charge of executive remuneration at RM, along with an executive from Unilever were hauled up in front of the business select committee to answer questions. It's a pity that Peter Long left sooner than expected otherwise he could have joined her up there to answer for himself. The following is a link to film of the committee meeting from the Parliament channel:
https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... 3ddf90a8a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
Plenty of money at the top, don't be fooled by management saying they've got to cut back and company is loosing money/failing it's all lies, as usual.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
These last few weeks have seen how we the workers are held in contempt.
No pensions worries for the bosses while our future pensions are still held in limbo, the share scheme wrecked and future plans to keep us out on the streets longer despite a recent medical report highlighting M&S and fatigue issues.
There's a class war going on folks and like it or nor we're all in it
No pensions worries for the bosses while our future pensions are still held in limbo, the share scheme wrecked and future plans to keep us out on the streets longer despite a recent medical report highlighting M&S and fatigue issues.
There's a class war going on folks and like it or nor we're all in it
Last edited by Bernardson on 18 Oct 2018, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
It's not surprising, the neoliberalist political agenda has been systematically carrying this out for the last 40 years.
The only difference is RM are very late to the party.
The bigger question is why the UK keeps voting for these polices.
The only difference is RM are very late to the party.
The bigger question is why the UK keeps voting for these polices.
Last edited by Murdoch on 18 Oct 2018, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
When will RM ever realise that the postie is the front of RM,the backbone of RM and without the postie there would be no RM,and stop treating them with such contempt! 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
PROBABLY NEVERBrandy wrote:When will RM ever realise that the postie is the front of RM,the backbone of RM and without the postie there would be no RM,and stop treating them with such contempt!
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
Will people who wish to hand their notice in via a conduct code for Gross Misconduct, please stop using RMC to do it.
Rules: It is fair to say that those in the 'top jobs' come in for a lot of criticism on this forum, please post constructive criticism and nothing else. Any libellous or slanderous posts will be deleted or amended, in no way should these personalities have any abuse aimed at them, period.
Rules: It is fair to say that those in the 'top jobs' come in for a lot of criticism on this forum, please post constructive criticism and nothing else. Any libellous or slanderous posts will be deleted or amended, in no way should these personalities have any abuse aimed at them, period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
I don't think anything I wrote was slanderous or factually incorrect. The footage I linked is freely available to be watched by anyone who has an interest in these kind of issues.
I thought I would just give this a 'bump' in case anyone might like to watch it before it is no longer available to view. It is quite enjoyable to watch highly paid executives trying, and often failing, to justify their actions in front of government select committees. The bit at 10:47 where Rachel Reeves is incredulous at Miss Ni-Chionnas answer is particularly satisfying.
I thought I would just give this a 'bump' in case anyone might like to watch it before it is no longer available to view. It is quite enjoyable to watch highly paid executives trying, and often failing, to justify their actions in front of government select committees. The bit at 10:47 where Rachel Reeves is incredulous at Miss Ni-Chionnas answer is particularly satisfying.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
Celgar - just found this thread - thanks for posting - made my day to watch 10:47!!!!!Celgar wrote:I don't think anything I wrote was slanderous or factually incorrect. The footage I linked is freely available to be watched by anyone who has an interest in these kind of issues.
I thought I would just give this a 'bump' in case anyone might like to watch it before it is no longer available to view. It is quite enjoyable to watch highly paid executives trying, and often failing, to justify their actions in front of government select committees. The bit at 10:47 where Rachel Reeves is incredulous at Miss Ni-Chionnas answer is particularly satisfying.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
I thought her performance was probably reasonably indicative of RM senior management's ability to handle tricky situations.Celgar wrote: Yesterday Miss Ni-Chionna, who is in charge of executive remuneration at RM, along with an executive from Unilever were hauled up in front of the business select committee to answer questions. It's a pity that Peter Long left sooner than expected otherwise he could have joined her up there to answer for himself. The following is a link to film of the committee meeting from the Parliament channel:
https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... 3ddf90a8a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks very much for the link, I found it very interesting indeed.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
It wasn't that's why it's still here, but others were and they have been deleted.Celgar wrote:I don't think anything I wrote was slanderous or factually incorrect.
I understand the passion but every time someone oversteps the bounds by using expletives and derogatory language to describe anyone they are risking their own jobs, and RMCs survival. Compound that by doing it to someone who has a whole overpaid legal team behind them and the stakes and the chances of being caught just get higher and higher.
It's just not worth the risk.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
RM Excessive Executive Pay.
Public sector organisations have been doing it for years and it's eye waterly disgusting!
They get away with it!
They get away with it!