ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New office transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mgreen123
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 06:31
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by Mgreen123 »

I’m currently in the process of being transferred to another depot which is closer to home, also a few extra hours. Everything potentially in my favour. However my current depot are short staffed and are implying my new job will involve being the lead reserve which involves getting sent to other depots to cover staff shortages. This however was not mentioned in the job advert, I rightly or wrongly assumed I’d just be a postie in a different office. Is this something they can force on me or do I have the right to say no I don’t want to be moved around.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

New office transfer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mgreen123 wrote:I’m currently in the process of being transferred to another depot which is closer to home, also a few extra hours. Everything potentially in my favour. However my current depot are short staffed and are implying my new job will involve being the lead reserve which involves getting sent to other depots to cover staff shortages. This however was not mentioned in the job advert, I rightly or wrongly assumed I’d just be a postie in a different office. Is this something they can force on me or do I have the right to say no I don’t want to be moved around.

Working in other offices comes under the flexibility agreement so unfortunately, they can.

However, you start from your office, they cover the transport to the other office (mileage IF you have the correct BUSINESS insurance, Bus fare or spare van), you are entitled to finish at your normal time at YOUR office.

The flexibility agreement is in downloads.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mgreen123
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 06:31
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by Mgreen123 »

So to finish at MY depot at my NORMAL TIME, would mean leaving the depot I’m working at with enough time to travel back to MY depot, and the depot I’m working can’t object to this. Would that be the correct interpretation?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

New office transfer

Post by clashcityrocker »

Yes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by Postie45 »

this is actually a pretty sweet deal to get moved around, youre basically getting paid to travel from 1 office to the other plus once you get to the other office you clearly wont have enough time to do a full delivery and get back to your original delivery office in time.
Problem is, those that do know the rules and stick to their guns about being returned to the home office on time probably wont get asked to go elsewhere again as its too much trouble for the managers.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

New office transfer

Post by clashcityrocker »

It would make more sense to send a full timer.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Mgreen123
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 06:31
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by Mgreen123 »

As and when I get moved around to different depots, is there any particular ruling/procedure I need to state to the manager when they start complaining that I’m technically only doing half a round before setting off on my travels back to my original office. I’m just trying to prevent any unnecessary aggravation that is heading my way.
Tomolo208
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by Tomolo208 »

If you don't want the overtime then just say you need to be finished in time to be back at the other office due to other commitments.

You have a finish time :)
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by leolion855 »

how do i apply for a job at a different office?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

New office transfer

Post by clashcityrocker »

leolion855 wrote:how do i apply for a job at a different office?
Success factors

Your pay number is your username.
Your NI number (but the last 2 letters lower case) is your password until you change it

All the advertised jobs can be found there.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

New office transfer

Post by leolion855 »

done thanks, fingers crossed.