ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Loneliness
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Just saw on sky news an MP suggesting that postmen and women should spend more time talking to pensioners to help tackle loneliness. That's a great idea isn't it ?
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Encourage more talking = more cutting off
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
I completely agree... if we were still a government run workforce.
Unless the government pay royal mail for this service then it won't happen.
Unless the government pay royal mail for this service then it won't happen.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Loneliness
It's just more of the Tory Big Society bollocks.
Underfund the essential services for years then expect the charity's and unpaid volunteers to take up the slack or in this case get the posties to do it.
Underfund the essential services for years then expect the charity's and unpaid volunteers to take up the slack or in this case get the posties to do it.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Details of the trial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Trials are to begin soon
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Hahaha they turn us private then expect us to care about anything but profits
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Loneliness
Already being done,number one wrote:Trials are to begin soon
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
how exactly is this within our skillset ? Are we going to get proper training ?
Even if we had time to chat it up with some people, is this a reasonable request under our job description / contracts ? Most of the people in my office are miserable buggers and probably would leave the pensioners feeling worse about life than they did previously, especially if theyre forced into doing it.
The whole idea is absurd.
Even if we had time to chat it up with some people, is this a reasonable request under our job description / contracts ? Most of the people in my office are miserable buggers and probably would leave the pensioners feeling worse about life than they did previously, especially if theyre forced into doing it.
The whole idea is absurd.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
We've got about 25 walks in our office, so around 4 calls per walk. Allowing the time quoted (10 mins per call) that's 40 mins x 2 (twice a week) so 1 hr 20 of extra work on the walk during the week. Who is going to do the extra work? because the first thing I'm going to say when this comes up is "which loop(s) do you want me to leave then guvner?" If RM want me to be a social worker that's fine, it's a change from delivering mail, but I'm not doing it AS WELL AS my current workload. Are there top line managers at RM who think this is cost neutral??
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Loneliness
The postie was the eyes and ears of the old and lonely,and yes I say was and it makes me so bloody angry,sometimes the postie is the only face they see in days and just to have a few words would make their day. During my time as a postie,I came across many situations where someone would need either some kind words of comfort or help,and I just could not walk away,no I am not painting myself as some kind of hero,just a human being,who cared. I really loved my job,and the postie really was a pillar of the community,and I was proud to be one.
Then it all started to change,and if for whatever reason I was late back all I got was grief,I can hear it now "where have you been,that round doesnt take that long,you are not up to the job" etc etc.
Its great to think RM are supposedly thinking of the old and lonely,but somehow I think its just to make them look good,however they want to remember one day they too will be old and perhaps lonely and will be grateful of a few words with their caring postie
Then it all started to change,and if for whatever reason I was late back all I got was grief,I can hear it now "where have you been,that round doesnt take that long,you are not up to the job" etc etc.
Its great to think RM are supposedly thinking of the old and lonely,but somehow I think its just to make them look good,however they want to remember one day they too will be old and perhaps lonely and will be grateful of a few words with their caring postie
-
poisonivy6
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Nov 2016, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Dont forget you get lonely 20 year old blondes to or is royal mail going to discriminate and be ageist , if they are I for one will put my foot through the pda and send the repair bill to rico back.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Loneliness
Royal Mail aren't picking or vetting the participants.poisonivy6 wrote:Dont forget you get lonely 20 year old blondes to or is royal mail going to discriminate and be ageist , if they are I for one will put my foot through the pda and send the repair bill to rico back.
Other organisations are, so RM isn't being anything.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Loneliness
Started our trials last week,first time went fine second visit took over 20mins as ‘customer’ was really upset.