ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
-
chaotic013
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 May 2017, 20:06
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
Hey
So today, Saturday, an entire duty was left, and I am delivering it Monday.
Is there any sort of special procedure for this sort of occurrence or is it just a case of the usual, letting the dom know I'll only be working my time and I'll have to drop a couple of loops?
I only ask as I can see it being an annoying conversation Monday morning - you know how it goes!
Cheers!
So today, Saturday, an entire duty was left, and I am delivering it Monday.
Is there any sort of special procedure for this sort of occurrence or is it just a case of the usual, letting the dom know I'll only be working my time and I'll have to drop a couple of loops?
I only ask as I can see it being an annoying conversation Monday morning - you know how it goes!
Cheers!
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
Cut cut cut
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
When you get in on Monday morning bag it all up and put it outside the DOMs office.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
Grow up as long as you work your hours what is the problem.
Why post something like this when it is obvious what you have to do
Why post something like this when it is obvious what you have to do
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
How can you be expected to do two days mail ?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
OP, if you want the overtime then just take your time and book for it.
If ou don’t want the overtime, but you clear it all as a “favour” cos they’re “really struggling”, then you’ll be the person they put on a duty that doesn’t clear next time.
I speak from experience. Good reserves get shat on more.
If ou don’t want the overtime, but you clear it all as a “favour” cos they’re “really struggling”, then you’ll be the person they put on a duty that doesn’t clear next time.
I speak from experience. Good reserves get shat on more.
-
jon_gardner85
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
This.number one wrote:When you get in on Monday morning bag it all up and put it outside the DOMs office.
-
chaotic013
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 May 2017, 20:06
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
As I said, I'll just work my hours and leave what's left if that's the case, just wondered if there were any official guidelines, RM seem to like this sort of thing, even if they're never put into practice. Just a question, calm down.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Grow up as long as you work your hours what is the problem.
Why post something like this when it is obvious what you have to do
Oh gone are the days where I do favours, and if they're struggling then the manager needs to actually manage better, not my issue!LaggyBand wrote:OP, if you want the overtime then just take your time and book for it.
If ou don’t want the overtime, but you clear it all as a “favour” cos they’re “really struggling”, then you’ll be the person they put on a duty that doesn’t clear next time.
I speak from experience. Good reserves get shat on more.
Exactly my point, it shouldn't be expected or just deemed reasonable, hence my question if there were some guidelines or procedure in place to sort out something like this.arnold cheshire wrote:How can you be expected to do two days mail ?
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
doms reasoning ....its a 75% call rate on 1 day and 80% call rate on the other, hence a 77.5% call rate so also take lapsingarnold cheshire wrote:How can you be expected to do two days mail ?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
You might be worrying about nothing
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
I see some lead sheltered postal lives......lately 2 days mail is the norm in our neck of the woods....got lads scared to have there day off...there walk wont go out.
if you want overtime the next day then its there.....also on the flip side your finish time is there as well.
if you want overtime the next day then its there.....also on the flip side your finish time is there as well.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Grow up as long as you work your hours what is the problem.
Why post something like this when it is obvious what you have to do
In the same vein why the put-down, they asked for advice all you had to do was ignore or answer, no need for the grow up comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
Not exactly just the overrunning procedure, and limit on bag weight and trolley use.chaotic013 wrote:
Exactly my point, it shouldn't be expected or just deemed reasonable, hence my question if there were some guidelines or procedure in place to sort out something like this.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
Say you've got two days work so will be leaving half of the fitting, what I did last time this happened to me. Or take it all and book the overtime.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Delivering a duty with 2 days worth of post.
if you deliver it all make sure you get paid for the 4 to 5 hours work already in the frame from Saturday, plus any overtime you do.
equal pay for equal work
equal pay for equal work