ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Exit interview.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Exit interview.

Post by DRM »

Evening all. What happens to your exit interview answers? Who do they go to? And do you sign to confirm that's what you said?
Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Exit interview.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

For a dismissal rather than a resignation, they should be in all the paperwork you should be sent if you appeal the dismissal.

For a resignation or retirement - I don't think the interview is classed as formal so there is no requirement to record it, or sign anything.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Exit interview.

Post by DRM »

Thanks Trueblue.
I resigned. So the exit interview is a pointless task! That sums Royal Mail up really!
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by Warriorpostie »

What happens to your pension & shares if you resign? That is if you have been there long enough. I hope I’ll be handing in my notice in the near future but no doubt I’ll be swindled out of something
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Exit interview.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Warriorpostie wrote:What happens to your pension & shares if you resign? That is if you have been there long enough. I hope I’ll be handing in my notice in the near future but no doubt I’ll be swindled out of something
Lose any shares under 3 years old, pay tax on any between 3 and 5 and get those older than 5 free of tax.

The pension pot you have built up remains till you elect to take it (taking it early will affect the pension amount)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Exit interview.

Post by DRM »

Can you transfer pension?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Exit interview.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DRM wrote:Can you transfer pension?
You can but I would strongly suggest seeing a pensions expert first as 1 step the wrong way could have massive implications.

I'll be honest I have no intention of transferring my pension as private pensions and most DC ones provide less of a return in retirement than the ones I will be getting from Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by RobertT »

DRM wrote:Can you transfer pension?
It depends which pension you're talking about!

The RMSPS, which applies to your final salary/average salary benefits built up to 31st March 2012, can be transferred to another similar DB scheme. But can't be transferred to a DC scheme. Details on the RMSPS website.

The RMPP, which applies to your average salary pension from 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2018, can be transferred out into a DC scheme by getting a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value(CETV). But if the value is £30,000 or higher, you need to get financial advice first, otherwise the receiving scheme might not accept it. Details on the RMPP website.

The RMDCP, which applies to anyone who joined RM(or joined the pension scheme) after 1st April 2008, can be transferred into another DC scheme if you wish, but is unlikely to be able to be transferred into a DB scheme(it depends on the scheme).

Transferring from DB to DC is not going to be a very good decision for the vast majority of people, which is why advice is needed. Lots more info can be found here.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

DRM wrote:Evening all. What happens to your exit interview answers? Who do they go to? And do you sign to confirm that's what you said?
Thanks
I always think you owe it to those of us that remain behind to let them know the real score. :arrrghhh However having resigned from jobs before, I know you probably just want to get out of the door as quickly as possible. :thumbup We always come up with something like, "I'm looking for a more challenging career with better long term prospects", when in reality we mean, "You are a total Tosser that couldn't organise a piss up in a Brewery. You surround yourself with sycophantic arse lickers, who you reward by allowing them to defraud the company by not doing their job properly. You are a Bully, and a Liar, and I wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire"! :cool

You would think that a World Class Company (Ha Ha) would actually be interested in why someone is leaving, and perhaps get some HR type to interview them with a view to improving what's going wrong? If a 100 staff leave a company because they say they're not happy with a certain aspect... then you should sort that problem. I'm sure you're DOM will choose to ignore anything you say that may reflect badly against him, and just tell his boss, "They were looking for a more challenging career .... with better long term prospects"! Good Luck in your new job. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by hothothot »

When I left with I'll health retirement 2 months ago , they never thanked me for 20 plus years service , the Dom didn't give a s**t never even shook my hand , no recognition at all from RM or HR. Never really had an exit interview at all . I think they we're glad to see he back of another full timer and employ another part timer.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

You are 100% correct , bloke in out unit , Belfast , 44 yrs service , resigned due to domestic situation.
DOM didn't even buy him a packet of biscuits !!!! No goodbye or sweet fa .
In fact couldn't wait to get rid of him so he could save his duty hours .
Only in Royal Mail !!!!
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by rehabron »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:For a dismissal rather than a resignation, they should be in all the paperwork you should be sent if you appeal the dismissal.

For a resignation or retirement - I don't think the interview is classed as formal so there is no requirement to record it, or sign anything.

Isn't it still a requirement to sign the official secrets act when you leave so you don't divulge to the general public how RM treats their staff?
scoobydo79
Posts: 2056
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Exit interview.

Post by scoobydo79 »

In all fairness We had a decent boss who would invite leavers up on their last day for a drink a chat and He just had rude refusal thrown at Him.He was OK and trying to make an occasion of it and people didn’t want to know