ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime rate

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by rambo1 »

Now only 9p an hr more than basic. Could any part timers out there tell us what their overtime rate is now, has it gone up? Would be a strange situation if your part time partner is earning more for the same overtime as you.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Overtime rate

Post by doorstepped »

A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by number one »

doorstepped wrote:A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
No they won’t
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by danterossetti »

Don't do any. Whatever the rate is, its pathetic.
Marke87
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by Marke87 »

The hourly rate of overtime hasn't increased since the SWW (38 hours) is this right?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by number one »

Overtime now £11:49 an hour
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Overtime rate

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Marke87 wrote:The hourly rate of overtime hasn't increased since the SWW (38 hours) is this right?
No, it has increased by the 2.6% pay rise everyone got.

OT, SA, Del Supplements and all working allowances went up by the same amount as basic pay.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Marke87
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by Marke87 »

when did this go up?

ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18

I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71

Thats £11.49 an hour.

I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Overtime rate

Post by clashcityrocker »

number one wrote:Overtime now £11:49 an hour
SSPR is about 67p/hour more than that.

So your overtime is £11.49
Mine is about £12.15.(Actually it is even higher than that but we won't go into that now)

Obviously the business recognises what an asset I am to the company and pays me accordingly.
God I must be quick.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by redneck »

The confusing and downright detrimental 'overtime' raates of this company are a recognition that overtime is hugely relied upon in their business model, and without us working it at cut price rates the business would collapse. Every year i've worked for this company I have failed to understand why we keep aaccepting deals which do not represent the value of overtime.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by daveyeff »

clashcityrocker wrote:
number one wrote:Overtime now £11:49 an hour
SSPR is about 67p/hour more than that.

So your overtime is £11.49
Mine is about £12.15.(Actually it is even higher than that but we won't go into that now)

Obviously the business recognises what an asset I am to the company and pays me accordingly.
God I must be quick.
your patter is good as well. :Very Happy
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by daveyeff »

number one wrote:
doorstepped wrote:A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
No they won’t
apparently they DO, as clash has already explained.
cookiewise
Posts: 101
Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
Gender: Female
Location: over the hills and far away

Overtime rate

Post by cookiewise »

I'm on less than a tenner an hour. Same rate for overtime.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime rate

Post by number one »

cookiewise wrote:I'm on less than a tenner an hour. Same rate for overtime.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
Are you quite new? New starer on on £9.99 I think
cookiewise
Posts: 101
Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
Gender: Female
Location: over the hills and far away

Overtime rate

Post by cookiewise »

number one wrote:Are you quite new? New starer on on £9.99 I think
Yup.
Nine weeks and counting. Feels more like nine years.