ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime rate
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Now only 9p an hr more than basic. Could any part timers out there tell us what their overtime rate is now, has it gone up? Would be a strange situation if your part time partner is earning more for the same overtime as you.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Overtime rate
A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
No they won’tdoorstepped wrote:A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Don't do any. Whatever the rate is, its pathetic.
-
Marke87
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
The hourly rate of overtime hasn't increased since the SWW (38 hours) is this right?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Overtime now £11:49 an hour
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime rate
No, it has increased by the 2.6% pay rise everyone got.Marke87 wrote:The hourly rate of overtime hasn't increased since the SWW (38 hours) is this right?
OT, SA, Del Supplements and all working allowances went up by the same amount as basic pay.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Marke87
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
when did this go up?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Overtime rate
SSPR is about 67p/hour more than that.number one wrote:Overtime now £11:49 an hour
So your overtime is £11.49
Mine is about £12.15.(Actually it is even higher than that but we won't go into that now)
Obviously the business recognises what an asset I am to the company and pays me accordingly.
God I must be quick.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
The confusing and downright detrimental 'overtime' raates of this company are a recognition that overtime is hugely relied upon in their business model, and without us working it at cut price rates the business would collapse. Every year i've worked for this company I have failed to understand why we keep aaccepting deals which do not represent the value of overtime.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
your patter is good as well.clashcityrocker wrote:SSPR is about 67p/hour more than that.number one wrote:Overtime now £11:49 an hour
So your overtime is £11.49
Mine is about £12.15.(Actually it is even higher than that but we won't go into that now)
Obviously the business recognises what an asset I am to the company and pays me accordingly.
God I must be quick.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
apparently they DO, as clash has already explained.number one wrote:No they won’tdoorstepped wrote:A part timer WILL earn a higher rate of OT until they reach 38 hours for the week and then they will be on the same OT rate as everyone else.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Overtime rate
I'm on less than a tenner an hour. Same rate for overtime.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Are you quite new? New starer on on £9.99 I thinkcookiewise wrote:I'm on less than a tenner an hour. Same rate for overtime.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Overtime rate
Yup.number one wrote:Are you quite new? New starer on on £9.99 I think
Nine weeks and counting. Feels more like nine years.