ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Miss sorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by Seymour Buts »

What's the official line on them? If you take them back are you technically committing wilful delay? I usually run them if I have time at the end. It's annoying coz I don't prep my own walk most the time nowadays, so who is to blame? :hmmmm
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by Postie45 »

if you still have duty time you should do them, if not then you bring any back, if youre getting a lot of mis-sorts per day it would suggest something needs to be done regards training for the prep as to why theres so many mistakes. I think most people i work with mis sort maybe 1-2 letters a week on average.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Miss sorts

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

There's people at my DO who mis-sort 10-15 letters per day while prepping even their own walks.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by Decky Boy »

If you don't know the job you are on ( who lives where ) why would you double back with a mis-sort ? There could be a redirection in place for that customer ! ! !

If you know for sure there is no redirection in place AND you have time at the end then for sure. . . Deliver it.
silver_fox
Posts: 110
Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by silver_fox »

Don't worry about it most people I work with Chuck a big pile of these miss sorts back in the collection sack.
It's known as thinning out a delivery if you only have one or two pieces of junk for a house then it can wait.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by number one »

Missorts down fall under willful delay unless somebody can prove they were missorted deliberately.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by LaggyBand »

Decky Boy wrote:If you don't know the job you are on ( who lives where ) why would you double back with a mis-sort ? There could be a redirection in place for that customer ! ! !

If you know for sure there is no redirection in place AND you have time at the end then for sure. . . Deliver it.
This has always been my defence, surely you can’t be expected to deliver them purely for this redirection reason?
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by postslippete »

There are usually loads of mis-sorts and packets left on the walk sorting frame before we leave the office. Its rarely completely clear unless its an easy Tuesday. Its either genuine mistakes being made by staff or deliberate mistakes being made by walk sorting staff to highlight the fact that there are a few 'runners' leaving the office early and are being well rewarded with "ghost overtime" on their p*ss easy duties....
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
whatisgoingon
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 18:40
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by whatisgoingon »

postslippete wrote:There are usually loads of mis-sorts and packets left on the walk sorting frame before we leave the office. Its rarely completely clear unless its an easy Tuesday. Its either genuine mistakes being made by staff or deliberate mistakes being made by walk sorting staff to highlight the fact that there are a few 'runners' leaving the office early and are being well rewarded with "ghost overtime" on their p*ss easy duties....

EXACTLY!!!!! :thumbup
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Miss sorts

Post by Islander »

As a part timmer I dont tend to throw my round so its always done for me. Some days I can have 10 -15 miss sorts letters and 738 red cards for parcels, some times the parcels dont even belong to my round.
I just bring them back unless they are for later on in my round.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Miss sorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

I once did half a duty on overtime.
In 2 hours of delivery I had over 70 missorts.
At one point I had to go to the end of the road and check the name of the street I was in because there was so much mail for other places I began to doubt my own sanity.
Everything came back.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.