ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by Seagull1983 »

I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Just find myself fumbling from pocket to pocket and getting flustered.

Anybody else use one ?
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by LaggyBand »

Seagull1983 wrote:I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Just find myself fumbling from pocket to pocket and getting flustered.

Anybody else use one ?
Go full on Makita / Milwaukee Framers Tool Belt just don’t let any builders see you with it else you’ll be utterly abused
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by LaggyBand »

Seagull1983 wrote:I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Just find myself fumbling from pocket to pocket and getting flustered.

Anybody else use one ?
In all seriousness mate get on eBay and type in Makita 71794, there are loads of different types and you can add them to your Royal Mail belt, could mix and match to suit your needs
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by Grinder64 »

I use something almost identical to this, very functional - pockets for pens, P739s etc. : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Airwalk ... SwcR9bt4z4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by clashcityrocker »

I put my pen in my shirt pocket, my PDA in my hand and a few spare 739 cards and delivery to neighbour cards in my trouser pocket.
No man bag required.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by wacko74 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=00OmmK1UJvg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can just imagine the merciless ribbing that anyone in our office would get if they came in sporting a Batman style utility belt.
Last edited by wacko74 on 10 Oct 2018, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by olilew »

They have just started giving out holsters for the pda at ours.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by daveyeff »

clashcityrocker wrote:I put my pen in my shirt pocket, my PDA in my hand and a few spare 739 cards and delivery to neighbour cards in my trouser pocket.
No man bag required.
snap
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by LaggyBand »

The dude wants a belt let him have his belt; he’ll look mad cool I’m certain
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by glenfiddich »

There was a bloke in our office had a little pot with a wet sponge in it fastened to his belt that was before van sharing as surely anything like that will hurt and get in the way as you get in and out of the vans.theres two pockets at the front of your pouch for all your junk.
Tomolo208
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by Tomolo208 »

glenfiddich wrote:There was a bloke in our office had a little pot with a wet sponge in it fastened to his belt that was before van sharing as surely anything like that will hurt and get in the way as you get in and out of the vans.theres two pockets at the front of your pouch for all your junk.
Ha whatttt?? He carried a wet sponge with him??? Funniest thing I've heard on here in a while. What for?
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by glenfiddich »

Finger flicking flimsy d2d's when carried behind a bundle of mail and keeping finger moist for checking next calls mail
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by NWpostie »

You could get one of these, the holster would be useful tazers to use on dogs :Very Happy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Police-G ... SwFqJWnf87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by peshwaarinaan »

olilew wrote:They have just started giving out holsters for the pda at ours.
I've got one of the ones you wear across your body. It's great.
Lance Jack
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

Post by Lance Jack »

739's in right cargo pocket with a couple of pens, PDA and van key in right pocket, my mobile in left pocket, left cargo pocket is spare for change, sweets, fluff and snotty tissues. Docket left stickers/kill off stickers in van. If I wear my fleece I have even more choice of pockets!


Only carry things you have to have on you to complete the task, otherwise its extra weight added you are carrying for no reason. I know it feels all Gucci wearing a holster and pocuches but you are delivering not storming the Iranian Embassy.