ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
-
postman2015
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Dear all.
We were told by the DOM that from end of this month there will be a new late parcel delivery service starting from 3.30pm to 7.30pm.
I am on 25 hours part time contract but most of the time end up working 40+ hours per week by doing overtime.
The manager told that this is a good opportunity to become a Full time Staff if chosen to work for this new service.
1) So if i opt for this new job role will i be working 45 hours per week (25+20)?
2) Is this a better option rather than doing overtime to get more hours so I almost get around 40 hours per week?
Thanks in advance
We were told by the DOM that from end of this month there will be a new late parcel delivery service starting from 3.30pm to 7.30pm.
I am on 25 hours part time contract but most of the time end up working 40+ hours per week by doing overtime.
The manager told that this is a good opportunity to become a Full time Staff if chosen to work for this new service.
1) So if i opt for this new job role will i be working 45 hours per week (25+20)?
2) Is this a better option rather than doing overtime to get more hours so I almost get around 40 hours per week?
Thanks in advance
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Your DOM is only telling you part of the tale.
It is an opportunity for you to become full time IF you are the most senior person who applies for the role.
It is an opportunity for you to become full time IF you are the most senior person who applies for the role.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Just another way to boost your hours up to full time temporarily, you go off a week you'll only get your basic rate unless your dom is prepared to change your hours! Which I doubt!
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Just seen this in our delivery! It’s put down as Scheduke attendance which you do get paid when on holiday apparently.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
But you wouldn't get if you broke your leg and were off work for 6 months.Jacko29 wrote:Just seen this in our delivery! It’s put down as Schedule attendance which you do get paid when on holiday apparently.
However with a full time contract......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
I would think carefully on it before you try and sign for the LAT. Do you really want to be out in the dark at night knocking on doors on walks from other DOs ?? I know I wouldn't.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
I second this. Includes Saturday doesn't it? F**k that.Celgar wrote:I would think carefully on it before you try and sign for the LAT. Do you really want to be out in the dark at night knocking on doors on walks from other DOs ?? I know I wouldn't.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Possibly stuck in traffic queues as well ,then they will wonder why you didnt or couldnt deliver as much as they expect you to.Celgar wrote:I would think carefully on it before you try and sign for the LAT. Do you really want to be out in the dark at night knocking on doors on walks from other DOs ?? I know I wouldn't.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
But every day is the same, and traffic is the same every day and people answer the doors in the same amount of time every dayBrandy wrote:Possibly stuck in traffic queues as well ,then they will wonder why you didnt or couldnt deliver as much as they expect you to.Celgar wrote:I would think carefully on it before you try and sign for the LAT. Do you really want to be out in the dark at night knocking on doors on walks from other DOs ?? I know I wouldn't.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
I would not touch it with a barge pole.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Did he mention that you will probably have to do other folk's cut offs as well?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Sounds like the DOM is not expecting many takers.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
They could put any new starts on it if they so wish need a good excuse!danterossetti wrote:Sounds like the DOM is not expecting many takers.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Whatever you decide I'd make sure I got the T & Cs in writing before I signed up for it.
I appreciate when you're on a short contract it's pretty important to try and get that FT contract. If there's not a lot of takers it might help your bargaining position
Don't make your DOMs life easy for him though..... you make sure you're happy with the deal. Good Luck. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postman2015
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Late Parcel Delivery Service 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Thank you all for the replies.Ill check all the terms and conditions before taking a decision. So far no full timers have shown interest. I'm the most senior part timer right now but I'll still consider what you all have mentioned here before taking a decision
Cheers
Cheers