ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Start time again

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by jd9442 »

25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Just tell them you want to work 25 hours and what are my start and finish times.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Woody Guthrie »

jd9442 wrote:25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?

If you're contracted to work 5 hours you come in 5 hours before your finish time.
If they want you to work 6 hour days tell them you want a 4 day week or a 30 hour contract.
Only dead fish follow the current
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by jd9442 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
jd9442 wrote:25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?

If you're contracted to work 5 hours you come in 5 hours before your finish time.
If they want you to work 6 hour days tell them you want a 4 day week or a 30 hour contract.
Is there something that specifically says that I come in 5 hours before the finish time? I mean, what’s to say I can’t come in at the start time on the sheet and leave 5 hours later
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Startingover »

In the Office that I work, those on 25 hour contracts are expected to work the same hours as those on 30 hour contracts and therefore automatically get paid o/t for the extra hours.

Is that what will happen for you?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I mean, what’s to say I can’t come in at the start time on the sheet and leave 5 hours later
Your manager.
You've been told what your finish time is.
Only dead fish follow the current
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Celgar »

RM runs most of the part time duties with the prep being done by other posties then you come in and tie up and deliver it. If RM did it the other way around and had end bits of walks left to deliver it would be much more difficult to plan & cover.
In our office we currently have a part time duty which is four full days of prep and full delivery of a walk but we have been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to take the job. A lot of people only want limited hours of work otherwise the benefits they receive will be reduced. We have just had forty applicants for the job and one person has been accepted but nothing is guaranteed and this one may fall through like the ones before.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by jd9442 »

Startingover wrote:In the Office that I work, those on 25 hour contracts are expected to work the same hours as those on 30 hour contracts and therefore automatically get paid o/t for the extra hours.

Is that what will happen for you?
Think that’s what they expect
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Celgar »

Better to get paid for any work you do beyond duty time than to not get paid for doing it. RM has got used to getting the work done on the cheap and I don't see that changing any time soon.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Start time again

Post by NewPostieUK »

Get hold of the Sign in sheet.
Get hold of the manager.
Tell him it's wrong.
Ask him to confirm in writing your start and finish times, then ignore times on sign in sheet.
Tomolo208
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by Tomolo208 »

What start and finish time does it say on your contract.

A written contract cannot be changed verbally without agreement from both parties.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Start time again

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Tomolo208 wrote:What start and finish time does it say on your contract.

A written contract cannot be changed verbally without agreement from both parties.
Apart from new stars would the hour sin anyone's contract actually reflect their hours?
Karolina
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 19:29
Gender: Female

Start time again

Post by Karolina »

Celgar wrote:RM runs most of the part time duties with the prep being done by other posties then you come in and tie up and deliver it. If RM did it the other way around and had end bits of walks left to deliver it would be much more difficult to plan & cover.
In our office we currently have a part time duty which is four full days of prep and full delivery of a walk but we have been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to take the job. A lot of people only want limited hours of work otherwise the benefits they receive will be reduced. We have just had forty applicants for the job and one person has been accepted but nothing is guaranteed and this one may fall through like the ones before.
Where are you working at?