ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No Damned Boots!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No Damned Boots!
I try to get a new pair of boots for every winter. Just been online and there are NONE AT ALL!
No Docs, no Cats. Oh - there are Magnum but that doesn't count as I'm on delivery and they are a menace to society outdoors.
I'd settle for those excellent new shoes with the Michelin soles, but there are none of them either.
Useless.
No Docs, no Cats. Oh - there are Magnum but that doesn't count as I'm on delivery and they are a menace to society outdoors.
I'd settle for those excellent new shoes with the Michelin soles, but there are none of them either.
Useless.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
used my allocation of two pairs by july… id luv to be able to order a new par but I have to wait until march!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
No Damned Boots!
No you don't.leolion855 wrote:used my allocation of two pairs by july… id luv to be able to order a new par but I have to wait until march!
Your manager can authorise a new pair.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
No manager in any MC or DO can authorise uniform, that gets done by a regional manager who can still cancel an order even if were placed by a DOM or shift managerclashcityrocker wrote:No you don't.leolion855 wrote:used my allocation of two pairs by july… id luv to be able to order a new par but I have to wait until march!
Your manager can authorise a new pair.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
No Damned Boots!
space you may be wrong there mate I ordered a pair of anvils last week used my allocation already the dim authorised it there and then he had to put down the reason why received them today am in a do 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
Nonsense any manager can do it all they say is wear an tear. remember rm dont want you walking the streets in a scruffy uniform.SpacePhoenix wrote:No manager in any MC or DO can authorise uniform, that gets done by a regional manager who can still cancel an order even if were placed by a DOM or shift managerclashcityrocker wrote:No you don't.leolion855 wrote:used my allocation of two pairs by july… id luv to be able to order a new par but I have to wait until march!
Your manager can authorise a new pair.
-
BAILEY21
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
Absolutely correct, your Dom can authorise just show him your old footwear and he'll authorise under h&s.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
Wrong! The authorising is done by a regional manager who can cancel any part or full orders that they deem aren't needed. It doesn't matter whether it's a DOM, line manager or the postie who puts the order in, the regional manager has the final sayBAILEY21 wrote:Absolutely correct, your Dom can authorise just show him your old footwear and he'll authorise under h&s.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
No Damned Boots!
Everyone is right.
If you have exceeded your footwear allocation a replacement order has to come from your manager.
This is still checked by a uniform allocation manager who has the authority to decline the order but why would they* given that decent and appropriate footwear is necessary for the job.
There may be differences for delivery staff and indoor staff given the differing natures of the roles.
* If they believed that what you were showing your manager wasn't actually your current pair but an older pair.
Where do all the new shoes come from on ebay?
The problem is, once you have exceeded your footwear allocation, you are always going to exceed your allocation because a new pair isn't going to suddenly last longer.
If you have exceeded your footwear allocation a replacement order has to come from your manager.
This is still checked by a uniform allocation manager who has the authority to decline the order but why would they* given that decent and appropriate footwear is necessary for the job.
There may be differences for delivery staff and indoor staff given the differing natures of the roles.
* If they believed that what you were showing your manager wasn't actually your current pair but an older pair.
Where do all the new shoes come from on ebay?
The problem is, once you have exceeded your footwear allocation, you are always going to exceed your allocation because a new pair isn't going to suddenly last longer.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No Damned Boots!
There is something hugely wrong with this company (as if we didn't already know) if a Regional Manager is spending his time checking uniform allocation.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
When I had Docs I knew I could walk in current conditions and not break my neck on a leaf. Since I've been forced to wear Magnums instead I have no confidence in where I place my feet.
Bring back the Docs!
The machine stops.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
No Damned Boots!
Somehow I've never had an issue with getting footwear above my allocation.
Last winter I managed to get my coat caught on something and got a massive rip in it. About 3 months I think before I would have been entitled to a new one. In that little box I explained that a big hole in a waterproof coat makes it unusable.
There were demands for photographs and and a full explanation as to why I had damaged it, tho tone implying I had dishonest intentions
Gave up, still wearing the (presumably) spare one I found loafing in a dark corner of the locker room
Last winter I managed to get my coat caught on something and got a massive rip in it. About 3 months I think before I would have been entitled to a new one. In that little box I explained that a big hole in a waterproof coat makes it unusable.
There were demands for photographs and and a full explanation as to why I had damaged it, tho tone implying I had dishonest intentions
Gave up, still wearing the (presumably) spare one I found loafing in a dark corner of the locker room
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No Damned Boots!
Mr Rush wrote:When I had Docs I knew I could walk in current conditions and not break my neck on a leaf. Since I've been forced to wear Magnums instead I have no confidence in where I place my feet.Bring back the Docs!
Dr Martens, the only boot worth having for outdoors. All the others are slippy, and the damned Magnums are a menace to society, slippy on a merely moist pavement. The new Magnum walking shoes, with Michelin soles. are good, but aren't available til November.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No Damned Boots!
Middle of October, winter approaching and this is the pitiful choice of footwear.
The issue here though, is that there are no boots available.
Me neither.crazyshrew wrote:Somehow I've never had an issue with getting footwear above my allocation
The issue here though, is that there are no boots available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8879
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
No Damned Boots!
My my how standards have dropped in this job when even the posties regard the present uniformaiden01 wrote:Nonsense any manager can do it all they say is wear an tear. remember rm dont want you walking the streets in a scruffy uniform.SpacePhoenix wrote:No manager in any MC or DO can authorise uniform, that gets done by a regional manager who can still cancel an order even if were placed by a DOM or shift managerclashcityrocker wrote:No you don't.leolion855 wrote:used my allocation of two pairs by july… id luv to be able to order a new par but I have to wait until march!
Your manager can authorise a new pair.
as "Not Scruffy" it is a disgrace as a uniform ,said it before on here the delivery staff look like EON
meter readers didn't mean it then as a compliment then and still dont. Cheap n' nasty.