I buy a week (or 6 days I think) and it costs over £9.00 a week.
9x52 = £468
On a 30 hr contract I don't earn £468+ a week, so why do I pay that much?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.
i pay £2.70 to top up for a complete week (1.5 days) and you still get paid when off the extra week and a bit tooNewPostieUK wrote:I buy a week (or 6 days I think) and it costs over £9.00 a week.
9x52 = £468
On a 30 hr contract I don't earn £468+ a week, so why do I pay that much?
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.
Educated guess - you are paying to increase your a/l to 6 weeks in total?
-
NDM
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 01 Nov 2008, 20:40
- Gender: Female
POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.
If you are paying £468 for 6 days it is £390 for a week (5 days)
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.
I think you've got it. I was told I was buying a week, but it seems it's actually 6.5 days.97gaz wrote:If you've between 5 and 15 years service then you'd be entitled to 23.5 days holiday and would need to buy 6.5 days to take you up to six weeks. I would think 6.5 days wouldn't be far away from £468 on a 30 hr contract.
6.5 x 6 hrs x £12 = £468
Seems a lot but the figures are there.
Cheers.