ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by NewPostieUK »

I buy a week (or 6 days I think) and it costs over £9.00 a week.

9x52 = £468

On a 30 hr contract I don't earn £468+ a week, so why do I pay that much?
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by world class male »

NewPostieUK wrote:I buy a week (or 6 days I think) and it costs over £9.00 a week.

9x52 = £468

On a 30 hr contract I don't earn £468+ a week, so why do I pay that much?
i pay £2.70 to top up for a complete week (1.5 days) and you still get paid when off the extra week and a bit too
therailway
Posts: 100
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
Gender: Male

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by therailway »

Educated guess - you are paying to increase your a/l to 6 weeks in total?
NDM
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Nov 2008, 20:40
Gender: Female

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by NDM »

If you are paying £468 for 6 days it is £390 for a week (5 days)
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by 97gaz »

I
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

POAL Buying a weeks Holiday.

Post by NewPostieUK »

97gaz wrote:If you've between 5 and 15 years service then you'd be entitled to 23.5 days holiday and would need to buy 6.5 days to take you up to six weeks. I would think 6.5 days wouldn't be far away from £468 on a 30 hr contract.
I think you've got it. I was told I was buying a week, but it seems it's actually 6.5 days.

6.5 x 6 hrs x £12 = £468

Seems a lot but the figures are there.

Cheers.