ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taking bags home
-
Walking boots
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Is it normal for each postie to have there own bags.
It’s the way it’s done in my office and everyone gets quite possessive of there bags to the point that they take them home every day so they don’t get stolen, I went to a different office recently where the bags are for the walk rather than the person and it seemed a much better way.
It’s the way it’s done in my office and everyone gets quite possessive of there bags to the point that they take them home every day so they don’t get stolen, I went to a different office recently where the bags are for the walk rather than the person and it seemed a much better way.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Posties at ours take one bag home to carry personal stuff in, adding that bag to the mound of bags under the frame once there. The bulk stay at work.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Plenty of manky old bags at our place, I wouldn’t take them home personally. 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Taking bags home
Take them home and wash them
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Generally there should be enough pouches for any walk that needs them. More can be ordered by your DOM if they get worn out or torn. One guy that transferred into our office recently wrote his surname on a load of pouches so I guess that happens in other offices.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Taking bags home
Sad b4stards
No bags, use trays, you only need one bag.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
It doesn’t just stop at bags either. Some people think they own a duty, and the van that goes with it.
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Ha ha ha, good one. Manky bag won’t ever see the inside of my washer. I’m sure they’re only meant for laundry. Pretty sure that will shorten the life span of the washer.arnold cheshire wrote:Take them home and wash them
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
Each round should have its own bags for sure. Ideally labelled up for each loop. Stacked back in order to make picking up easier. If someone goes sick there’s going to be shortage of bags. Sounds like Dom just needs to order few dozen in so there’s plenty to go around. How big is your office?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
In my office if you leave a bag unattended it will disappear. On eday my drink leaked in my bag so I hung it up to dry. Came back off delivery and it was gone. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Taking bags home
especially if you use inserts, much quicker.mattycash wrote:Sad b4stardsNo bags, use trays, you only need one bag.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rockmanrock
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 19:05
Taking bags home
Having a set duty or Walk is surely a good thing. The experience a regular worker has of a Walk is best for both the customers and the worker.Jpro747 wrote:It doesn’t just stop at bags either. Some people think they own a duty, and the van that goes with it.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
There's a couple who take their bags home at our place, even do it when they're away leaving none for whoever covers the duty. Does my head in and it shouldn't be allowed; they're Royal Mail's bags, not the duty holders!
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
My bag is my own, it’s moulded around the shape of my body. It comes home with me everyday without fail. Most posties do unless you have your own round and van it’ll only go missing otherwise.
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Taking bags home
This is my mailbag. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My mailbag is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my mailbag is useless. Without my mailbag, I am useless. I must load my mailbag true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will…
My mailbag and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit…
My mailbag is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my mailbag clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…
Before God, I swear this creed. My mailbag and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
My mailbag is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my mailbag is useless. Without my mailbag, I am useless. I must load my mailbag true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will…
My mailbag and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit…
My mailbag is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my mailbag clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…
Before God, I swear this creed. My mailbag and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.