ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
I just want to scan put it in holster then straight to next scan but it keeps moving to other screens (ad hoc, the risk Mail sign etc) and I start farting about with it in front of the customer. I’ve taken to pressing the sleep button but still have to swipe. What do you guys do ?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
Press sleep and swipe and get correct screen before knocking.
It's a pain in the butt and worse since the last update. Random adhoc, make a memo, outdoor, and worst of all, minimising, when it does that it usually crashes. Hopefully someone is working on the crappy software.
It's a pain in the butt and worse since the last update. Random adhoc, make a memo, outdoor, and worst of all, minimising, when it does that it usually crashes. Hopefully someone is working on the crappy software.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
I used to leave it in the cradle in the van as I am on rural walk. I now use a shoulder holster which hangs down about to where my belt is. The fabric surrounding the screen is raised so it doesn't get triggered to another screen too often. Get the report an incident mostly come up. If it happens too much I press the off button. Until RM moves the virtually unneeded function screens somewhere out of the way this will always be an irritating problem.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
The worst is when the Sat Nav comes on!! Has anybody had a PPI company call them yet?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
What about using the application lock option?
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
agreed mate but just my opinion there is to many functions on the pda its alright if you have small mits but us larger ones suffer every time i go to zap a barcode i either touch volume, ad hoc or something else then the customer is patiently waiting on doorstep ,it should not have had touch screen on the bottom of pda a menu button on the side would have done, not designed for a post person in my mind just my opinionSpacePhoenix wrote:What about using the application lock option?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
I remove the battery & give a complete reboot before every shift, also dump the pen if it's attached, works for me.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
I think that the idea is that any given PDA could be used in any given function anywhere in the country so RM aren't having to maintain multiple different versions of the RM's PDA softwaredonein wrote:agreed mate but just my opinion there is to many functions on the pda its alright if you have small mits but us larger ones suffer every time i go to zap a barcode i either touch volume, ad hoc or something else then the customer is patiently waiting on doorstep ,it should not have had touch screen on the bottom of pda a menu button on the side would have done, not designed for a post person in my mind just my opinionSpacePhoenix wrote:What about using the application lock option?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
How do I find that?SpacePhoenix wrote:What about using the application lock option?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
Most frustrating thing I find is scanning the barcode. I hear it 'beep' and then nothing happens, so I do it again, sometimes 3 times before a barcode appears. That 'beep' really is a false sense of security in grabbing the barcodes.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
http://www.hsssearch.co.uk/page_604029.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;NewPostieUK wrote:How do I find that?SpacePhoenix wrote:What about using the application lock option?
There's an image there of one of the PDAs. Press the 3rd icon at the bottom (the one that kinda resembles a paragraph of text) and you'll the see the option to lock the application
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
its a pain
Everytime I use mine I have to switch the screen
Either gone to ad hoc,minimised,changed to the collection
or memo or turned the navigation on
I have a new pda now as mine was sent back with a busted screen
Seems to have updated with a new blue keyboard but still as bad
Smiffy
Everytime I use mine I have to switch the screen
Either gone to ad hoc,minimised,changed to the collection
or memo or turned the navigation on
I have a new pda now as mine was sent back with a busted screen
Seems to have updated with a new blue keyboard but still as bad
Smiffy
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
Excellent, cheers. I'll have a look tomorrow.SpacePhoenix wrote:http://www.hsssearch.co.uk/page_604029.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;NewPostieUK wrote:How do I find that?SpacePhoenix wrote:What about using the application lock option?
There's an image there of one of the PDAs. Press the 3rd icon at the bottom (the one that kinda resembles a paragraph of text) and you'll the see the option to lock the application
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
Aaarghh! That's even worse! You have to put in your pin every time, and that just takes it back to normal ie You scan, it beeps once, you look and it says Ad-Hoc, you scan again, no beep, you look, it's minimised, etc.SpacePhoenix wrote: There's an image there of one of the PDAs. Press the 3rd icon at the bottom (the one that kinda resembles a paragraph of text) and you'll the see the option to lock the application
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
How do I stop pda machine switching to a different screen ?
I remove the pen as well
far easier to use the finger
far easier to use the finger