So far I've been taking overtime docket which has on some weeks reached the maximum you can do in a week and some just under that. What I've found in the past couple of weeks that I've been underpaid and missing hours on my payslip that I know I've worked, handed in docket sheets and signed the PSP sheets (I think that's what they're called).
This is a regular occurrence at my office and at one point I was told that the hours that I showed I was owed had to be found or made up elsewhere but lead to the manager not being able to payout a certain amount because there was none available or they reached their cap or something. Basically they couldn't whip up the hours I worked out of thin air...
You'd be lucky in our office if your morning prep gets noted down properly let alone the sheets being there in the first place.
I'm just getting frustrated having to catch up on hours I'm owed each week - even though they know, the managers, and myself using a diary app noting down the exact hours I've worked including my contractual hours, morning preparation, docket, SA and other OT hours. It just never seems to match up on my payslip even though I'm sure I check every day that what's been put down on PSP matches my diary.
Is there anyone else who's experienced or experiencing the same thing? I'm just anxious that I could lose the hours I'm owed completely. I'm not in a position to completely give up overtime to protest against management that they're not putting my hours down correctly. It's wrong full stop.
Another question, adding to my initial post, is it true that the payslip corrects itself eventually? If I reach the maximum hours of 69 each week would I be down regardless because it takes time to process or the cut-off varies etc.?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Am I an idiot?
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
You're being misled. Managers will often skim off the top of people's overtime to get their bonus.
If it's happening regularly put in a grievance. They are committing fraud
If it's happening regularly put in a grievance. They are committing fraud
-
HZ123
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
If it carries on I will for sure. I suspected this when it first started, but it's taking the absolute donkeys now.Tomolo208 wrote:You're being misled. Managers will often skim off the top of people's overtime to get their bonus.
If it's happening regularly put in a grievance. They are committing fraud
I understand you shouldn't be helping them out (as most posties would say only do it for yourself) with getting stuff out but at the end of the day I've done the work and you're entitled to payment.
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
Yes you are an idiot. You knew it. AND you still went back for even MORE idiot lessons.
-
HZ123
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
That's the answer I was looking forEl-Bandito wrote:Yes you are an idiot. You knew it. AND you still went back for even MORE idiot lessons.
Although, in all seriousness, you'd refuse to work the overtime? Wouldn't that affect you from getting more if they just pass it on to the next idiot?
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
Nope because they ALWAYS need overtime.HZ123 wrote:That's the answer I was looking forEl-Bandito wrote:Yes you are an idiot. You knew it. AND you still went back for even MORE idiot lessons.![]()
![]()
Although, in all seriousness, you'd refuse to work the overtime? Wouldn't that affect you from getting more if they just pass it on to the next idiot?
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Am I an idiot?
I've had problems with my overtime too. Often there's no sheet, or the manager refused you access claiming "you didn't check with me in advance", but more recently (and a tad sinisterly methinks) I've filled out the form and all the other staff claims on the same form are initialled and ticked as input to the system EXCEPT MINE.
My payslip has never matched the hours worked so I now keep a spreadsheet with a running total: hours worked vs hours paid. RM owes me around 15 hours. I wonder if, despite their policy on modern slavery that excludes us ordinary posties who are of course expected to work for free!
My payslip has never matched the hours worked so I now keep a spreadsheet with a running total: hours worked vs hours paid. RM owes me around 15 hours. I wonder if, despite their policy on modern slavery that excludes us ordinary posties who are of course expected to work for free!
-
whatisgoingon
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
WHAT DOES THE UNION HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS? WHAT PLAN OF ACTION CAN BE TAKEN. THIS I FRAUD SO WHO SHOULD THIS BE REPORTED TO? ACAS?
IT'S NOT ENOUGH THAT YOU ARE ALL COMPLAINING ON THIS FORUM. WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING? TAKE SOME SERIOUS ACTION!
I HAVE EMAILED PANORAMA
IT'S NOT ENOUGH THAT YOU ARE ALL COMPLAINING ON THIS FORUM. WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING? TAKE SOME SERIOUS ACTION!
I HAVE EMAILED PANORAMA
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
I don't do overtime, it seems more hassle than what its worth. However, I can understand how annoying it is for posties who rely on that extra overtime and are being shortchanged every week. Always seems like the bosses want someone to do the extra work but don't want to pay them for it! Keep a diary of all the hours worked and ask the DOM to see the timesheet's from the previous week if short. It could be an unscrupulous manager or DOM keeping their hours down.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Strong bull
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
Mean whistle while your doing 30 plus hours of o/t every week part timers will never get a full time contract.
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
Am I an idiot?
Rapidryan88 wrote:Nope because they ALWAYS need overtime.HZ123 wrote:That's the answer I was looking forEl-Bandito wrote:Yes you are an idiot. You knew it. AND you still went back for even MORE idiot lessons.![]()
![]()
Although, in all seriousness, you'd refuse to work the overtime? Wouldn't that affect you from getting more if they just pass it on to the next idiot?
No they don't ALWAYS need overtime from everyone that wants to do it however there are some posties who ALWAYS rely on it.