ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Face to face interview.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
drumatics
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Feb 2009, 14:16
Gender: Male

Face to face interview.

Post by drumatics »

Hi there, im currently off work with anxiety and depression and I dont want to give the Royal Mail any leverage to say against me down the line so can I refuse to go to my face to face meeting at work as I cannot even look at my uniform( its all in the boot of my car outside my house) let alone going into my office as the thought is even making me panic writing this!
Thanks in advance.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Face to face interview.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

drumatics wrote:Hi there, im currently off work with anxiety and depression and I dont want to give the Royal Mail any leverage to say against me down the line so can I refuse to go to my face to face meeting at work as I cannot even look at my uniform( its all in the boot of my car outside my house) let alone going into my office as the thought is even making me panic writing this!
Thanks in advance.

Speak to the rep, explain the situation and see if the manager is willing to either come to your house, with the rep or perhaps they ware willing to do a phone call instead because of the unique circumstances.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Face to face interview.

Post by hothothot »

Remember it's only a job, I was off with the same as you. I informed the Dom I wasn't fit to go in to a face to face in the office , and he was welcome to come to my home as long as he brought the union rep with him , he declined surprise surprise. If he's bullying you phone up the harassment and bullying helpline their very good. Try not to get stressed about it. If your ill your ill. Go to your GP get a sick note. I hope your better soon.
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

Face to face interview.

Post by dre33dd »

been in same sit mate....my mananger was told by my dr in a letter not to make contact...he took notice....6 months later back at work ...i year later still there..stick to your guns and get the dr involved..they know a little bit more than most managers and certainly h.r
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Face to face interview.

Post by rehabron »

drumatics wrote:Hi there, im currently off work with anxiety and depression and I dont want to give the Royal Mail any leverage to say against me down the line so can I refuse to go to my face to face meeting at work as I cannot even look at my uniform( its all in the boot of my car outside my house) let alone going into my office as the thought is even making me panic writing this!
Thanks in advance.
Not knowing how long you have been currently off work but the attendance agreement states that a face to face is not required until the absence has been 28 days but this has been breached and misinterpreted by managers for their own satisfaction.
You can politely refuse to attend work for a face to face meeting indicating that the travelling and being back in the environment that has caused your depression and anxiety in the first place will have an adverse effect on your condition and delay your recovery time.You will have to give an alternative to the situation that manager has proposed on how contact is to be maintained preferably by text message or e-mail.
Don't know if you have been referred to OH Assist but would give this due consideration if offered. You may find that OH Assist may be sympathetic to your condition.
Inform your union rep and H&S rep of the pressure you are receving from your manager and they may be able to nip this in the bud.