ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime
I don’t mind doing a bit of overtime. Even with this working to time then going back to office, I don’t mind doing an hour or two. Last week I was doing an hour to hour and half yet another guy in office was doing pretty much the same as me yet booking 3-3 1/2 hrs for it every day. I saw him come back the same time as me on two days. Other staff saw him back early too. So I’m getting 1 1/2 hrs pay and he gets 3 1/2 for same time worked. How is that even fair/right/legal or whatever. I pointed it out to union guy. He just laughed and said he knew about it and the managers are corrupt. I asked managers about it on three of the days. They pretty much just blanked me. So on Saturday I refused to do overtime stating to the managers that I totally disapprove of then different pay rates. His face dropped then he ignored me from then on. So I got 7hrs for the week for 7hrs work. The bosses blue eyed boy got about 16hrs pay for 7 to 9 hrs work. Crazy.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Overtime
This is all to do with good negotiation. You have sold yourself too cheaply. It happens in every office. If the manager can't cover a job then the employee's have the negotiating power.
The conversation will have gone something like this...
Would you mind doing some overtime for me today?
No
Please?
Well if you make it worth my while I will.
I'll pay you 2 hours for 1.5 hrs work?
Make it 3!
Deal.
Remember, overtime is optional. If it's not working for you then try making it work for you.
The conversation will have gone something like this...
Would you mind doing some overtime for me today?
No
Please?
Well if you make it worth my while I will.
I'll pay you 2 hours for 1.5 hrs work?
Make it 3!
Deal.
Remember, overtime is optional. If it's not working for you then try making it work for you.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Overtime
Are you sure this other person is on an identical contract to you? If he's on less contracted hours he'll claim more overtime for the same hours. Do you claim for your break? He probably does.
Not mine. You only get 1 hr overtime if you actually do 1 hr. The only people who get paid for not working are the full time runners, who get back early and sit around smoking or go home.Tomolo208 wrote: It happens in every office.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Then that's acceptable.I have the same trouble in my office.continual non payment
I told my manager if ya don't pay it in money then im taking it back in time
Stupid efficiency saving comments from a manager
And i answered if u want effiency why are Royal Mail paying managers wages to someone delivering mail
And he said we are down in profit and money
So i said then why are you paying someone £640,000 a year to work one day a week
Royal Mail more money than sense.ha ha ha
Smiffy
I told my manager if ya don't pay it in money then im taking it back in time
Stupid efficiency saving comments from a manager
And i answered if u want effiency why are Royal Mail paying managers wages to someone delivering mail
And he said we are down in profit and money
So i said then why are you paying someone £640,000 a year to work one day a week
Royal Mail more money than sense.ha ha ha
Smiffy
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Doesn’t work like that though as your not helping them out. It’s when you doing say a 1/4 of another round but still working within your own duty time as going fast or it’s light. So you are only working your hours but you have done extra work so you want that extra pay. THere was ideas ‘pda actuals’ would put an end to this but it hasn’t happened.jd9442 wrote:Can see it going down well one time
‘Do you want me to complete? Pay me 2 hours for the 1 hour overtime I do’
‘Ok put it down on the sheet’
‘Ok’
‘Did you put down 2 hours instead of 1? You’re fired’
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Surely still the samedeetee wrote:Doesn’t work like that though as your not helping them out. It’s when you doing say a 1/4 of another round but still working within your own duty time as going fast or it’s light. So you are only working your hours but you have done extra work so you want that extra pay. THere was ideas ‘pda actuals’ would put an end to this but it hasn’t happened.jd9442 wrote:Can see it going down well one time
‘Do you want me to complete? Pay me 2 hours for the 1 hour overtime I do’
‘Ok put it down on the sheet’
‘Ok’
‘Did you put down 2 hours instead of 1? You’re fired’
Say I’m on a duty that is always an hour over to actually complete
I could say if they want me to work that hour over to complete, they can pay me 2 hours or find someone else