ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Start time on sheet for saturday
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
Is 7am
25 hour week contract
I can leave at 11:30 can’t I?
And then they can change my start time every day, but can’t do anything about tomorrow?
25 hour week contract
I can leave at 11:30 can’t I?
And then they can change my start time every day, but can’t do anything about tomorrow?
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
If your on a 25 hour contract then that's all the hours you have to work.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Start time on sheet for saturday
Are you on Wallington? Check your hours
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
They’ll most likely say “oh no the 7-10am is voluntary so you actually work 10-3 contested. It’s bollcoks don’t fall for it.
I would personally say ok I’ll go home until 10 then and cut of
I would personally say ok I’ll go home until 10 then and cut of
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time on sheet for saturday
Depends on how many hours a day you work. Do you work 5 days a week? Are hours spread evenly, ie 5 hours a day?jd9442 wrote:Is 7am
25 hour week contract
I can leave at 11:30 can’t I?
I wouldn't just assume you can finish at any particular time. Check with manager. Say something, like : "how are you going to get me back to the office at 11:20 on saturday?" or . . "who is delivering the other half of my duty?"
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start time on sheet for saturday
Before you embark on the biggest war you have ever fought is it not some idiot in the book room who has put you against a full time duty when you are part time worst you can do is ask before you turn up and told we don't need you till 9.15 so 2 hour 15 minutes wasted for a simple mistake on a time sheet that no one will ever see again!jd9442 wrote:Is 7am
25 hour week contract
I can leave at 11:30 can’t I?
And then they can change my start time every day, but can’t do anything about tomorrow?
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
I was told the only time I should be paying real attention to is the finishing time and if I want to only work 4 1/2 hours I need to give notice and then I would work it out backwards from the finishing time which is the same as all full timers finishing time.
So I would have had to come in at half 8 or something instead of 7, which obviously wouldn’t have worked anyway as my partner would have been long gone.
Nevertheless, upon getting back to the office early which I didn’t expect, I was told to go back out and deliver, even though I was already booking overtime at this point due to the 7am start time, can they really make me go back out? I STILL did 4 1/2 hours of delivering...
So I would have had to come in at half 8 or something instead of 7, which obviously wouldn’t have worked anyway as my partner would have been long gone.
Nevertheless, upon getting back to the office early which I didn’t expect, I was told to go back out and deliver, even though I was already booking overtime at this point due to the 7am start time, can they really make me go back out? I STILL did 4 1/2 hours of delivering...
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time on sheet for saturday
Yes, you have to work until your finish time. If you go in early on overtime your finish time doesn't change.jd9442 wrote: I was told to go back out and deliver, even though I was already booking overtime at this point due to the 7am start time, can they really make me go back out? I STILL did 4 1/2 hours of delivering...
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
Bit sneaky isn’t it
Why must overtime be at the start and why was I expected to do more than 4 1/2 hours delivery
Why must overtime be at the start and why was I expected to do more than 4 1/2 hours delivery
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time on sheet for saturday
Overtime doesn't have to be at the star it can be at anytime.
I work 9 - 3 . If I'm asked to go in at 8 then it's an hour overtime I still finish at 3. If I finish at 3:30 I claim another 30 mins for going over.
I work 9 - 3 . If I'm asked to go in at 8 then it's an hour overtime I still finish at 3. If I finish at 3:30 I claim another 30 mins for going over.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time on sheet for saturday
Not your problem, let the manager manage.jd9442 wrote: So I would have had to come in at half 8 or something instead of 7, which obviously wouldn’t have worked anyway as my partner would have been long gone.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
Would be a lot easier if they put actual start times on the sheet instead of assuming overtime is wanted
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start time on sheet for saturday
They should be doing this but maybe they are desperate to get staff in to cover there losses because they haemorrhage staff because they are piss poor at communicating anything!jd9442 wrote:Would be a lot easier if they put actual start times on the sheet instead of assuming overtime is wanted
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Start time on sheet for saturday
Just say straight up your workig your hours, and that’s it, best to work with managers though than fall out with them
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time on sheet for saturday
I don't see what difference it makes. You know your start time, just come in then. My start time is 9:00 if the sheet doesn't say that, I just cross it out. I always start at 9:00. If they want me to start earlier they can ask.jd9442 wrote:Would be a lot easier if they put actual start times on the sheet instead of assuming overtime is wanted