ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being overpaid
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Being overpaid
Hi all, last week I did 18 hours and 5 mins overtime but I have been paid sch att 2.30 hours, OT1 10.01, OT2 5.05 and weekday OT@SSPR 6.30, which is around 24 hours in total. How has this happened and what should I do?
-
mozilla
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Being overpaid
I would do nothing , keep the extra money saved and wait for them to ask for it back ; if they do you pay it back , if they don't ..............
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Being overpaid
Did look on back of payslip no contact to wages so are you going to report yourself to the lying thieving bastard above you the amount of times I have not been paid for hour's I have worked. I would do as the poster above and keep it as a reserve so as not to spend it but use it when the dust settles as it were.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Being overpaid
You should inform your DOM or whoever deals with the pay & overtime in your DO and get it corrected. If it was the other way around you would be chasing it up. If nothing else we have to be honest.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Being overpaid
All very well and good if you get on with them but what if said poster has issues with them years ago we had contact with wages on back of payslip nothing now the amount of time I have chased over time for has made me try to avoid it at all costs just like my manager did in not paying me no offence but don't trust someone who's bonus depends upon not paying you!Celgar wrote:You should inform your DOM or whoever deals with the pay & overtime in your DO and get it corrected. If it was the other way around you would be chasing it up. If nothing else we have to be honest.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Being overpaid
It's best to check your pay slip as soon as you get it for any discrepancies and chase it up on the Friday or Saturday of that week. If you leave it too long it can be difficult to get it sorted out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Being overpaid
But is even harder to sort if you don't get on well with your manager or their manager as has happened to some of us over the years gone past!Celgar wrote:It's best to check your pay slip as soon as you get it for any discrepancies and chase it up on the Friday or Saturday of that week. If you leave it too long it can be difficult to get it sorted out.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Being overpaid
It's probably best to tell them. But, heho it's up to you, lol. 
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Being overpaid
Ah, I see.
I thought this was a post about our new CEO
I thought this was a post about our new CEO
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Being overpaid
I will sort it out tomorrow, don’t like dishonesty and I’m relatively new and haven’t had any under payments as of yet. Thanks everyone
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Being overpaid
Double check your figures for last week as well. Overtime is sometimes spread over 2 weeks because of the time its reported.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Being overpaid
I got paid accurately last week for all my overtime. I double checked and it’s definitely only adding up to 18 hrs and 5 mins. They are really good with paying accurately each week which I was amazed about after reading on here haha!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Double check your figures for last week as well. Overtime is sometimes spread over 2 weeks because of the time its reported.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Being overpaid
If only!jd9442 wrote:You might get it every week!
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Being overpaid
I really wouldn't do this, you could be in serious bother!mozilla wrote:I would do nothing , keep the extra money saved and wait for them to ask for it back ; if they do you pay it back , if they don't ..............