ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Being overpaid

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Being overpaid

Post by Jacko29 »

Hi all, last week I did 18 hours and 5 mins overtime but I have been paid sch att 2.30 hours, OT1 10.01, OT2 5.05 and weekday OT@SSPR 6.30, which is around 24 hours in total. How has this happened and what should I do?
mozilla
Posts: 74
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 15:26
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by mozilla »

I would do nothing , keep the extra money saved and wait for them to ask for it back ; if they do you pay it back , if they don't ..............
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Being overpaid

Post by k979aaa »

Did look on back of payslip no contact to wages so are you going to report yourself to the lying thieving bastard above you the amount of times I have not been paid for hour's I have worked. I would do as the poster above and keep it as a reserve so as not to spend it but use it when the dust settles as it were.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by Celgar »

You should inform your DOM or whoever deals with the pay & overtime in your DO and get it corrected. If it was the other way around you would be chasing it up. If nothing else we have to be honest.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Being overpaid

Post by k979aaa »

Celgar wrote:You should inform your DOM or whoever deals with the pay & overtime in your DO and get it corrected. If it was the other way around you would be chasing it up. If nothing else we have to be honest.
All very well and good if you get on with them but what if said poster has issues with them years ago we had contact with wages on back of payslip nothing now the amount of time I have chased over time for has made me try to avoid it at all costs just like my manager did in not paying me no offence but don't trust someone who's bonus depends upon not paying you!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by Celgar »

It's best to check your pay slip as soon as you get it for any discrepancies and chase it up on the Friday or Saturday of that week. If you leave it too long it can be difficult to get it sorted out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Being overpaid

Post by k979aaa »

Celgar wrote:It's best to check your pay slip as soon as you get it for any discrepancies and chase it up on the Friday or Saturday of that week. If you leave it too long it can be difficult to get it sorted out.
But is even harder to sort if you don't get on well with your manager or their manager as has happened to some of us over the years gone past!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Being overpaid

Post by Navalron »

It's probably best to tell them. But, heho it's up to you, lol. :thumbup
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by rambo1 »

Ah, I see.
I thought this was a post about our new CEO :Applause
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Being overpaid

Post by Jacko29 »

I will sort it out tomorrow, don’t like dishonesty and I’m relatively new and haven’t had any under payments as of yet. Thanks everyone
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by jd9442 »

.
Last edited by jd9442 on 29 Sep 2018, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Being overpaid

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Double check your figures for last week as well. Overtime is sometimes spread over 2 weeks because of the time its reported.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Being overpaid

Post by Jacko29 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Double check your figures for last week as well. Overtime is sometimes spread over 2 weeks because of the time its reported.
I got paid accurately last week for all my overtime. I double checked and it’s definitely only adding up to 18 hrs and 5 mins. They are really good with paying accurately each week which I was amazed about after reading on here haha!
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Being overpaid

Post by Jacko29 »

jd9442 wrote:You might get it every week!
If only!
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Being overpaid

Post by Mobey »

mozilla wrote:I would do nothing , keep the extra money saved and wait for them to ask for it back ; if they do you pay it back , if they don't ..............
I really wouldn't do this, you could be in serious bother!