Its that time of year I have been told that I have to pick holidays for next year, I have to give at least 6 choices. Are holidays picked on seniority as when I handed in my sheet I was told to pick more as I was way down the list.
What happens if you really need a certin week, there is a camp we have been going to for the last 10 years and I dont want to miss it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holidays
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Holidays
I don't think they are allowed to do holidays on seniority now.I would stand to be corrected though. They are picked on a rota in ours, first this year middle next year and last the year after.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Holidays
I suggest you mention to the person organising the annual leave that you would really like that specific week and they will likely try and fix it for you. Alternatively you could try and swap with another postie for the week you need afterwards. I think most DOs use either seniority or variations of it to allocate annual leave.Islander wrote:Its that time of year I have been told that I have to pick holidays for next year, I have to give at least 6 choices. Are holidays picked on seniority as when I handed in my sheet I was told to pick more as I was way down the list.
What happens if you really need a certin week, there is a camp we have been going to for the last 10 years and I dont want to miss it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Holidays
Best thing to is see how it plays out but you can have special leave but it is a bit hard going sick if you have asked for it and being refused they don't making resourcing easy for themselves or for you do they it will be even worse if you go sick but their must be a resourcing problem in your office by the way it is not the only one in RM!Islander wrote:Its that time of year I have been told that I have to pick holidays for next year, I have to give at least 6 choices. Are holidays picked on seniority as when I handed in my sheet I was told to pick more as I was way down the list.
What happens if you really need a certin week, there is a camp we have been going to for the last 10 years and I dont want to miss it.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Holidays
In our craphole if you put down you really want/need a certain week/s then the fat twat who does them makes sure you don't get them weeks as he thinks he's a manager and gets off on it when you kick off.Celgar wrote:I suggest you mention to the person organising the annual leave that you would really like that specific week and they will likely try and fix it for you. Alternatively you could try and swap with another postie for the week you need afterwards. I think most DOs use either seniority or variations of it to allocate annual leave.Islander wrote:Its that time of year I have been told that I have to pick holidays for next year, I have to give at least 6 choices. Are holidays picked on seniority as when I handed in my sheet I was told to pick more as I was way down the list.
What happens if you really need a certin week, there is a camp we have been going to for the last 10 years and I dont want to miss it.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.