ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Monthly pay
-
seeker019
- Posts: 203
- Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
OK people, don't shoot me down but;
Can a postperson ask to be paid Monthly?
As a single chap It could be good for me.
Can a postperson ask to be paid Monthly?
As a single chap It could be good for me.
Trust Royal Mail? God help us all.....
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
If you never do overtime then yes it could suit your lifestyle better. But if you want your overtime, you don't want to be waiting 2 months when it's 'forgotten' to be put in your pay.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
Don't know the answer but would love this also. So much easier when working how much I have left after all my bills.seeker019 wrote:OK people, don't shoot me down but;
Can a postperson ask to be paid Monthly?
As a single chap It could be good for me.
I won't have this problem because I don't do overtime. But imagine what it would be like when they don't pay you overtime and you have to wait a whole month for your money. They can't even get it right with a weeks worth never mind a month.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
Just open another bank account, get your wages paid into that then at the end of the month transfer it all across into you current account
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Monthly pay
In Parcelforce, we are paid monthly and overtime is two weeks behind.
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Monthly pay
No definitely not this has to be negotiated by the union nationally but I appreciate that some people would like it but a lot of people would hate it.seeker019 wrote:OK people, don't shoot me down but;
Can a postperson ask to be paid Monthly?
As a single chap It could be good for me.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
Why don't you just not touch your wages until the month is over, that way you can spot missed overtime payments and if you have a emergency you have some spare cash
-
cobrakai
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17
Monthly pay
I’ve always wanted monthly pay. It’s far easier to manage money. We should at least have the option of receiving it.
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
In all my years working for Royal Mail, I've always been paid weakly. Every week 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
Yes you can get pad monthly , become a substantive manager.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Monthly pay
You could defer your wages for the next four week's TO ME I would be enormously thankful as to whether I could make repayment on time is doubtful but anyways here is my bank details ESBN1446996012201 Hopefully you will deposit a life fund to me thanks. 
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Monthly pay
I will never want to be paid monthly and wait 2 weeks or more to get my OT paid.
If the Ot would be paid the next week like it is now, I might consider.
It`s easy not to touch the bills money, I don`t see what`s the problem?
I`ve spead my Direct Debits through the month, 1-2 every week and the rent at the end of the month and that`s it, I`ll always have that weeks wage to cover everything and more.
Weekly pay is much better for me.
If the Ot would be paid the next week like it is now, I might consider.
It`s easy not to touch the bills money, I don`t see what`s the problem?
I`ve spead my Direct Debits through the month, 1-2 every week and the rent at the end of the month and that`s it, I`ll always have that weeks wage to cover everything and more.
Weekly pay is much better for me.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Monthly pay
There are so many ways you could simulate monthly pay I'm not sure why you would need RM to do it for you. Just because you get paid weekly doesn't mean you need to spend weekly.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Monthly pay
As the saying goes cut your coat to your cloth.fishtank wrote:There are so many ways you could simulate monthly pay I'm not sure why you would need RM to do it for you. Just because you get paid weekly doesn't mean you need to spend weekly.