Hi Everyone,
I had noticed recently on the dimensions website (where you order your uniform) that a long sleeve red shirt/blouse has become available.
I tried to order it on Saturday, but my manager said he would have to speak to someone.
My manager came back to me today and said that I cannot have it because i'm not "FEMALE"
I wonder what Royalmail's Policys are for Transgender employee's???
Surely I should be allowed to wear whatever parts of the uniform I deem suitable?? regardless of my gender
Any thoughts?
I have attached a picture of the shirts on the website.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
-
Lancelotward
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 21:54
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
Show your manager this (from RM's own website)!!!!
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/07/perfect-fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/07/perfect-fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
Why don't you go on the web and order some?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
Yep - I just went on to the website and it gave me the option of ordering the red blouses and polo shirts https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... l%2Fevo%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
I tried to order the maternity wear but was refused!!! WTF!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
It doesn't matter what you order, how you order it, or what your self identified non-binary gender orientation happens to be... you'll still get to come up against the incompetence and/or deliberate obstructiveness that is RM's uniform ordering system.
I've currently been waiting 5 weeks for a pair of trainers ordered via my manager and 2 months for shirts and a stormproof ordered via the website. (All within my allowed allocation)
I've currently been waiting 5 weeks for a pair of trainers ordered via my manager and 2 months for shirts and a stormproof ordered via the website. (All within my allowed allocation)
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
got to keep profits up and expenditure down for the big investors
so expect standards dropping everywhere
the bonus culture rules in rm
so expect standards dropping everywhere
the bonus culture rules in rm
-
supertouring
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 07 Aug 2018, 21:47
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
Lolbmccoll wrote:I tried to order the maternity wear but was refused!!! WTF!
-
Lancelotward
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 21:54
- Gender: Male
Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE
OMG! thank you so much!!! I will print this out and pop it on his Desk!yellowbelly wrote:Show your manager this (from RM's own website)!!!!
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/07/perfect-fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks everyone for the input!
regards
Lance