ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Way Forward

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wgbunter
Posts: 5
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 08:59

Way Forward

Post by wgbunter »

I worked for RM for 22 yrs and retired 2 yrs ago. Never was I so glad. All of the issues that are discussed on these pages existed then and continue. Bullying and abuse were endemic amongst staff as well as management, in the office I worked in if you were weak you were fair prey. Racism was commonplace, disputes amongst staff were often settled physically. Thank God some of these problems have been addressed. However the enemy of the postman has always been the postman. Excessive overtime to help out, working days of coming in 2hrs early to sort (when we started at 5 in the morning) and as soon as a bonus(bribe) to settle a dispute was mooted the guys could not wait to get their hands on it, no regard for the future. Time and time again postmen had RM by the proverbial but excepted the deal, a deal that always had a clause that had been overlooked or was reinterpreted to managements advantage. Management has always been amateur at best, no formal structures for training appear to be in place, the business is a shambles, the answer lies in your hands. Instead of accepting virtual bondsman terms and conditions work together, be the rep, unite, force the union to represent you and your problems. Just a thought
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by hothothot »

wgbunter I retired 5 weeks ago , thank God for that , I agree with what your saying about the business , harassment and bullying by management is appalling , to call those creatures managers is laughable. I like to read this forum daily just to remind me what a terrible job it has become , and how lucky I am to be out of it. I feel sorry for all of you who have to carry on in this shite job. The job just seems to be getting worse and worse. I've never felt so relaxed and destressed in all my life since leaving.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Way Forward

Post by Brandy »

hothothot wrote:wgbunter I retired 5 weeks ago , thank God for that , I agree with what your saying about the business , harassment and bullying by management is appalling , to call those creatures managers is laughable. I like to read this forum daily just to remind me what a terrible job it has become , and how lucky I am to be out of it. I feel sorry for all of you who have to carry on in this shite job. The job just seems to be getting worse and worse. I've never felt so relaxed and destressed in all my life since leaving.
Totally agree with what you say I left nearly 18 months ago after 19 years,would have loved to have done 20 years but couldnt hack the treatment dished out by so called managers anymore. Best decision ever getting out,like you feel so relaxed knowing I dont have to go in and face them pair anymore.
I feel so sorry for the posties as the job just seems to get worse as does the bullying and harassment,when I look back now I do realise that I was lucky that I was able to walk away.
Devil0000
Posts: 11
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 12:15
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by Devil0000 »

Brandy wrote:
hothothot wrote:wgbunter I retired 5 weeks ago , thank God for that , I agree with what your saying about the business , harassment and bullying by management is appalling , to call those creatures managers is laughable. I like to read this forum daily just to remind me what a terrible job it has become , and how lucky I am to be out of it. I feel sorry for all of you who have to carry on in this shite job. The job just seems to be getting worse and worse. I've never felt so relaxed and destressed in all my life since leaving.
Totally agree with what you say I left nearly 18 months ago after 19 years,would have loved to have done 20 years but couldnt hack the treatment dished out by so called managers anymore. Best decision ever getting out,like you feel so relaxed knowing I dont have to go in and face them pair anymore.
I feel so sorry for the posties as the job just seems to get worse as does the bullying and harassment,when I look back now I do realise that I was lucky that I was able to walk away.
Sounds just as bad as the supermarket i am working at , we watch videos and sign off on all sorts of corporate mumbo jumbo trainig about respect in the workplace and it all goes out the window soon as you step on to the work floor. Personally i think big companies know that it isnt easy getting a job now and are squeezing everyone either by bullying or short term bribe to lose hard earned rights and privileges.
glass joe
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by glass joe »

looking to leave RM, need to push my small business more. I think delivering hours will soon be 8-4.
Elkotraz
Posts: 13
Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 15:57
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by Elkotraz »

glass joe wrote:looking to leave RM, need to push my small business more. I think delivering hours will soon be 8-4.
8 -4!!! Try 9:30 -5.and thats if it turns up on time.some times its from 10.15
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Way Forward

Post by Brandy »

I can remember when we used to have to be out of the office by 0645 and if we wernt we were asked why! I can also remember when one of the big bosses said that people wanted their mail early,oh how times change.
whatisgoingon
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 18:40
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by whatisgoingon »

Is the skimming of overtime illegal? ILLEGAL

I AM GOING TO GO TO A LAWYER AND FIND OUT! No-one seems to be taking this serious when it is actually the withholding of wages. How many people are experiencing this?

In the meantime. can anyone on here tell me if this is illegal and how this company can be INVESTIGATED. Obviously, it's the little prick face managers that do it, but the DOMS are in on it too!

Who exactly does it benefit? Do the managers and DOMS get bigger bonuses if they skim overtime from people?
glass joe
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by glass joe »

Elkotraz wrote:
glass joe wrote:looking to leave RM, need to push my small business more. I think delivering hours will soon be 8-4.
8 -4!!! Try 9:30 -5.and thats if it turns up on time.some times its from 10.15
off course will be eventually be 5pm finish goodbye season tickets.
I can remember when we used to have to be out of the office by 0645 and if we wernt we were asked why! I can also remember when one of the big bosses said that people wanted their mail early,oh how times change.
good times we were out by 6am, using people security lights to see the next number and waking people up at 6.10 for a special delivery
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Way Forward

Post by Brandy »

glass joe wrote:
Elkotraz wrote:
glass joe wrote:looking to leave RM, need to push my small business more. I think delivering hours will soon be 8-4.
8 -4!!! Try 9:30 -5.and thats if it turns up on time.some times its from 10.15
off course will be eventually be 5pm finish goodbye season tickets.
I can remember when we used to have to be out of the office by 0645 and if we wernt we were asked why! I can also remember when one of the big bosses said that people wanted their mail early,oh how times change.
good times we were out by 6am, using people security lights to see the next number and waking people up at 6.10 for a special delivery
Yes it was the good times! Ok I know it was dark in the mornings when you went out in the winter months,but at least you knew it would lighten up and you werent tired,whereas now you will be getting exhausted,racing against time before it gets dark,then RM will wonder why mistakes will be made and short cuts taken. Do they ever seriously think about the posties and their health and safety,as they make out! No way!
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by rambo1 »

glass joe wrote:
Elkotraz wrote:
glass joe wrote:looking to leave RM, need to push my small business more. I think delivering hours will soon be 8-4.
8 -4!!! Try 9:30 -5.and thats if it turns up on time.some times its from 10.15
off course will be eventually be 5pm finish goodbye season tickets.
I can remember when we used to have to be out of the office by 0645 and if we wernt we were asked why! I can also remember when one of the big bosses said that people wanted their mail early,oh how times change.
good times we were out by 6am, using people security lights to see the next number and waking people up at 6.10 for a special delivery
Blimey, I'm 5 on a Wednesday and Thursday now!
glass joe
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
Gender: Male

Way Forward

Post by glass joe »

Our start times next week are 6.57- 3.05pm Wednesday and Thursdays.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Way Forward

Post by k979aaa »

glass joe wrote:Our start times next week are 6.57- 3.05pm Wednesday and Thursdays.
You will need lights in December and January get your boss on it now!