So when you go into post office to send a parcel at what point does the parcel being sent go from Royal Mail to
Parcelforce? I’m guessing size / weight etc
I send quite abit and have always wondered about this, especially as some parcels I deliver are sometimes bigger and heavier that what cost me nearly £15 today to send via Parcelforce. Do Post offices earn more if they get parcels sent through Parcelforce?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sending a parcel
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
I think anything over 20kg goes with parcel force automatically, you can also request items to be sent parcel force as somtimes the 24hr Delivery is cheaper that special delivery depending on size and weight
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
20kg parcels I can understand, but this was a little bigger than shoe box and no more than 3kg. I’ve had bigger in me pouch bag!
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
Size of tracked 24 parcels being increased to 30kg.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
Not heard anything about that herezipmeister wrote:Size of tracked 24 parcels being increased to 30kg.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sending a parcel
Thats changing https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=87676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at least fro tracked items.number one wrote:I think anything over 20kg goes with parcel force automatically, you can also request items to be sent parcel force as somtimes the 24hr Delivery is cheaper that special delivery depending on size and weight
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Sending a parcel
I had a glass topped coffee table to deliver the other day weighing in at 22kg the lady asked me to carry it inside and I was half expecting her to ask me to build it for her as well 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
It says on that link that they don't want RM to take business from Parcelforce. If that is the case they will have to make prices from both services the same. But then if they did that then what is the point in having the two services except to give larger items to Parcelforce to deliver. Then quite often we seem to get larger items that barely deliver in our smaller Vans when those items could fit easily in the much larger Parcelforce vans.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Thats changing https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=87676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at least fro tracked items.number one wrote:I think anything over 20kg goes with parcel force automatically, you can also request items to be sent parcel force as somtimes the 24hr Delivery is cheaper that special delivery depending on size and weight
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
I take it you were offered suitable recompense in monetary terms for your outstanding customer service ,which you rightly declined, or were you left standing outside?glenfiddich wrote:I had a glass topped coffee table to deliver the other day weighing in at 22kg the lady asked me to carry it inside and I was half expecting her to ask me to build it for her as well
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Sending a parcel
Still not heard anything officially about it, until we do anything over 20kg will just get sent back as overweight