ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

Quicky guys.

I got my letter of collection (LOC) on Thursday via email and I went through mybundle around 3 weeks ago.

Question is, can I cancel this as I have bought a bike off a mate of mine out right.

I was wondering If the cooling off period (If there is one) is from the date of the mybundle application or from when I got the LOC.

I can't seem to find an answer ANYWHERE to this p.s I have looked through the Cycle to Work thread and posted there but getting a bit worried I am stuck with paying £40 a month for a bike I now don't need to get :sad:

Any ideas?

Thanks.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

It looks like I am stuffed going off this from mybundle :sad:
The agreement lasts 18 months. Once the hire period starts, you are committed to paying for the benefit for the length of that contract. You can’t change or end the agreement, even if you have a life event.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by k979aaa »

19times wrote:It looks like I am stuffed going off this from mybundle :sad:
The agreement lasts 18 months. Once the hire period starts, you are committed to paying for the benefit for the length of that contract. You can’t change or end the agreement, even if you have a life event.
Have you taken possession of said item yet if not refuse it as not what was stated under the agreement usually works and kick off on the dog and bone at them!
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

k979aaa wrote:
19times wrote:It looks like I am stuffed going off this from mybundle :sad:
The agreement lasts 18 months. Once the hire period starts, you are committed to paying for the benefit for the length of that contract. You can’t change or end the agreement, even if you have a life event.
Have you taken possession of said item yet if not refuse it as not what was stated under the agreement usually works and kick off on the dog and bone at them!
No, got no goods yet just the LOC which I take in to get the bike.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by number one »

There’s usually a cooling off period
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by DrSatan »

Technically the LoC is the 'goods' and you've already received it. There would have been a cooling off period but that would have been before you received the LoC/goods.

You could try and contact them and see if there is something they can do, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Or sell the one you've just bought and use the voucher for a new one.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

Cheers all, like I thought looks like I am stuffed here :sad:

I'll contact HR Monday and see what they say.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

number one wrote:There’s usually a cooling off period

Do you or anyone know If the cooling off period is from the time you receive the LOC? I only got that two days ago.
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by DrSatan »

19times wrote:
number one wrote:There’s usually a cooling off period

Do you or anyone know If the cooling off period is from the time you receive the LOC? I only got that two days ago.
It's from when you first applied.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

DrSatan wrote:
19times wrote:
number one wrote:There’s usually a cooling off period

Do you or anyone know If the cooling off period is from the time you receive the LOC? I only got that two days ago.
It's from when you first applied.
Oh ok thanks, first 'enrolled' on the 28/08 so basically it looks like I'm shafted!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I got something one there. The other day it was electrical. Ps i k it's more expensive but it's the only way I could afford it. It says I have a 2 week cooling off period. Also another 2 weeks after I receive the item. Edit just had another look over it looks like I was seeing things. Think its just two weeks from when you sign up.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by 19times »

CPTNemoUK wrote:I got something one there. The other day it was electrical. Ps i k it's more expensive but it's the only way I could afford it. It says I have a 2 week cooling off period. Also another 2 weeks after I receive the item. Edit just had another look over it looks like I was seeing things. Think its just two weeks from when you sign up.
Yep correct, just rang MyBundle up basically said nothing can be done now as it's been over two weeks since signing up online - not from when you receive the LOC so I can't cancel the hire agreement :evil/mad

Well cheesed off, will have to get a second bike now as I may as well seeing as I am paying for this 'benefit' and have something to show for it :thumbdown
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by jon_gardner85 »

Buy a bike with it and sell for the same value. Look at it then as a loan
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by greengiant »

jon_gardner85 wrote:Buy a bike with it and sell for the same value. Look at it then as a loan
Doesn't Royal Mail technically own the bike until the last payment has been paid?

To the original poster, all cyclists know that the ideal number of bikes to own is N+1, with N being the current number of bikes owned. :wink:
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

Cycle to Work - Cancelling

Post by jon_gardner85 »

greengiant wrote:
jon_gardner85 wrote:Buy a bike with it and sell for the same value. Look at it then as a loan
Doesn't Royal Mail technically own the bike until the last payment has been paid?

To the original poster, all cyclists know that the ideal number of bikes to own is N+1, with N being the current number of bikes owned. :wink:
They do but they don't check. As long as the payments are made then who cares?