ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Has described should they have really been set on and working for RM?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
I don't see what the issue is. For example ,if a misspent youth ended in me getting a conviction for a public order offence , because I was drunk but it was a one and only abberation , do I have to have that held against me for the rest of my time ? Probably count as spent , but the principle is there. Timpson actively recruits people who have erred in judgement and life and gives them another chance why can't Royal Mail?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
ok thanks that's finerubberbond wrote:I don't see what the issue is. For example ,if a misspent youth ended in me getting a conviction for a public order offence , because I was drunk but it was a one and only abberation , do I have to have that held against me for the rest of my time ? Probably count as spent , but the principle is there. Timpson actively recruits people who have erred in judgement and life and g thats ives them another chance why can't Royal Mail?
Ok
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Depends on the conviction doesn't it. If it was something like large scale fraud then you would expect the candidate not to be employed by RM. But if it's something minor then they should be given the benefit of the doubt.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Assault etc even people who have been jail
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
mgmt at our do threatened member who was attending court if they were convicted they would be sacked for bringing company into disrepute
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
If it has been disclosed to RM why not? If people have done the time for a crime then are they not entitled to a second chance? As has been mentioned, many a person has been drunk, stupid or both in their younger years and got caught for doing something daft that they later regretted. But fortunately with age generally comes wisdom.... mostly! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Depends on the conviction in my eyes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Yes as long as it doesn't fall foul of the Spent Convictions rules, and also if they disclosed send conviction if they needed to.arnold cheshire wrote:Assault etc even people who have been jail
After all, no one can be rehabilitated if they aren't given a chance.
I certainly wouldn't have been
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
I never told them at my job interview about my convictions because according to the rehabilitation of offenders act I didn't have to,and I have been with RM for a long time well over 10 years but under 20,so I wouldn't mention it,it's part of growing up to learn from your mistakes
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Criminal convictions staff should they be working for RM?
Managers who dont pay overtime when its due,surely that is theft and doesnt that make them criminals?