ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Job ref request

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Job ref request

Post by DRM »

Hi all. So I've handed in my notice...I'm escaping!!
Who do I need to get a job ref from - DOM or HR?
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Job ref request

Post by rogersh »

Someone may correct me but I believe RM are not obliged to give you a reference
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Job ref request

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

rogersh wrote:Someone may correct me but I believe RM are not obliged to give you a reference

They aren't. But they will give a very basic one - it details start and finish date and the reason for leaving - that's it.

So confirmation you worked for RM - HR
A written summary - DOM.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Job ref request

Post by DRM »

Tbh all I want is a basic one. I was only part time.
Is it the contact details on the back of pay slip for HR?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Job ref request

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

You can - or try

Employee references: thirdpartyenquiries@royalmail.com

which was okay the last time I suggested it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Job ref request

Post by Mobey »

When I tried to get one, the prospective employer called me to say they're refusing to give you one unless you come in and sign something to say you're happy to have your information released. They then took at least 3 weeks! :shock: :arrrghhh
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Job ref request

Post by joewyan »

Mobey wrote:When I tried to get one, the prospective employer called me to say they're refusing to give you one unless you come in and sign something to say you're happy to have your information released. They then took at least 3 weeks! :shock: :arrrghhh
I had one very quickly the other month. Get the prospective employer to email them the request to the about email and then when they reply to say they need your authorisation get the prospective employer to email you their response then you can reply to both of them to authorise and hey presto!
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Job ref request

Post by DRM »

Thank you all. I have given the new employers the '3rd Parties@RM' email.

Another thing - when I handed in my resignation I spoke to DOM and emailed him, but I've had no confirmation back from them. Shall I email HR too? I don't want DOM stuffing this up for me as he's good at doing that!!!!