I've triggered a meeting as been off for a few weeks. All sicknoted etc.
What can I expect?
Do I need to take a rep?
I'm not yet out of probation as been here 11 months.
Thanks in advance x
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Attendance review meeting
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Attendance review meeting
Definitely take a rep
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Attendance review meeting
Probation is 6 months?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Attendance review meeting
If the rep is any good that is. If not you can take whomever you want in with you to observe and witness the meeting. Is there a long standing well respected postie there who you get on with who would be willing to do it? Ideally, someone who knows the score, which in my experience is not necessarily the union rep. Good luck and if you're a good worker you have nothing to worry about. Getting rid of you and training up someone new is far too expensive, presuming your office runs like every other, i.e low on staff.deetee wrote:Definitely take a rep
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Attendance review meeting
By your post I am assuming that you are on a 12 month probabtionary if as you state you are still in your probabtionary period.Post12345 wrote:I've triggered a meeting as been off for a few weeks. All sicknoted etc.
What can I expect?
Do I need to take a rep?
I'm not yet out of probation as been here 11 months.
Thanks in advance x
If the few weeks you have been off is your only absence in that time and as your probabtionary period was soon to end provided there are no other reasons to justify your dismissal late attendance etc then I would expect the possibilty of an extension to your probabtionary period.
Whatever happens do NOT attend this review attendance meeting unaccompanied as a good rep should be able to argue your case and there could be mitigating circumstances involved in your absence. The amount of new starts who are leaving the business voluntarily within weeks of commencing and having spent money in your training they may think twice about severing your employment.