ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
Is there some kind of rule about your length of service before getting a uniform?
I've been in six weeks and still no trousers, shorts, shirt, jacket, hat, fleece or any sign of any of them on the horizon.
I checked the policy documents and they simply state that you will get clothing appropriate to your job.
Thanks
I've been in six weeks and still no trousers, shorts, shirt, jacket, hat, fleece or any sign of any of them on the horizon.
I checked the policy documents and they simply state that you will get clothing appropriate to your job.
Thanks
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
That's interesting because my contract is permanent, not time limited.SabbieK wrote:I think you need a contract of over 3 months. Have you rang the uniform helpline ?
I haven't tried the uniform helpline as I did not know such a thing existed.
I've been logging into the dimensions site which oddly offers me a bicycle helmet (I live 2 mins from the DO and walk my route) - but all sizes are out of stock!
Is this indicative of RM overall? I find it terribly chaotic and disorganised. For a communications company this is unexpectedly poor!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Uniform
I think you have to have had a contract for 3 months, ie you can't order anything after two months. Managers must be able to get round this as I've seen new starters with the full uniform on.cookiewise wrote:That's interesting because my contract is permanent, not time limited.SabbieK wrote:I think you need a contract of over 3 months. Have you rang the uniform helpline ?
01332 697118cookiewise wrote: I haven't tried the uniform helpline as I did not know such a thing existed
No not at all, it's a lot worse than that.cookiewise wrote:all sizes are out of stock!
Is this indicative of RM overall?
Just wait until you try to understand your start and finish times, or get a holiday or match the overtime paid to what you actually worked.
-
SabbieK
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 19:06
- Gender: Female
Uniform
You can order a basic uniform. (Shirt, shorts, fleece, hi-vis) when you start. After 6 weeks you are entitled to the full uniform. You won't be able to do this through dimensions. However just give the uniform helpline a ring and they will sort this out for you.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Uniform
Took me 2 and a half months of applying for holiday to actually get something and that’s no exaggeration lol the system is flawed as hell.NewPostieUK wrote:I think you have to have had a contract for 3 months, ie you can't order anything after two months. Managers must be able to get round this as I've seen new starters with the full uniform on.cookiewise wrote:That's interesting because my contract is permanent, not time limited.SabbieK wrote:I think you need a contract of over 3 months. Have you rang the uniform helpline ?
01332 697118cookiewise wrote: I haven't tried the uniform helpline as I did not know such a thing existed
No not at all, it's a lot worse than that.cookiewise wrote:all sizes are out of stock!
Is this indicative of RM overall?
Just wait until you try to understand your start and finish times, or get a holiday or match the overtime paid to what you actually worked.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Uniform
It's good to see that the work place coaches are earning their extra money. Usually there will be a few good guys to go and ask about these things, even though they SHOULD have been covered in the WELCOME TO ROYAL MAIL seminar. Also ask your DOM what happens it you have an accident on duty, for which you get full sick pay, no matter how short of time your in, especially if they have not bothered to supply you with any protective gear. Pretty sure it will be forthcoming and also it portrays a professional organization even though we know it's now run on chaos and goodwill from posties.cookiewise wrote:That's interesting because my contract is permanent, not time limited.SabbieK wrote:I think you need a contract of over 3 months. Have you rang the uniform helpline ?
I haven't tried the uniform helpline as I did not know such a thing existed.
I've been logging into the dimensions site which oddly offers me a bicycle helmet (I live 2 mins from the DO and walk my route) - but all sizes are out of stock!
Is this indicative of RM overall? I find it terribly chaotic and disorganised. For a communications company this is unexpectedly poor!
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
Work place coach?!! No such thing here!
Welcome to Royal Mail seminar? What's that?!!
But thank you NewPostieUK for the phone number for uniforms. I called them today and within 2 hours was able to order EVERYTHING!!! Shirts, jacket, shorts, trousers, shoes, fleece, hats, belt etc etc. Apparently the DOM hadn't bothered to apply a work code to my payroll so I wasn't eligible for anything but the call sorted that.
I am so glad I joined this forum. FInally feel supported which will hopefully let me sleep better at night!!
Welcome to Royal Mail seminar? What's that?!!
But thank you NewPostieUK for the phone number for uniforms. I called them today and within 2 hours was able to order EVERYTHING!!! Shirts, jacket, shorts, trousers, shoes, fleece, hats, belt etc etc. Apparently the DOM hadn't bothered to apply a work code to my payroll so I wasn't eligible for anything but the call sorted that.
I am so glad I joined this forum. FInally feel supported which will hopefully let me sleep better at night!!
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
And it's a beauty. A bit on the large side but it can be adjusted. I love the uniform (that probably makes me a tad sad) - the blue shirts are really well made and the shorts are fabulous. No idea yet if the waterproof trainers live up to their claim, but they are comfy. Being an indoors office worker all my professional life this is the first job where I've been given a substantial uniform, so I am quite impressed. It was worth waiting for. I love the storm coat and am looking forward to receiving my cagoule. All I need now is a set of waterproof gloves with touch screen ability and good "flicking through letters capability".NewPostieUK wrote:You got the belt?! The belt that's been available in medium only for the 11 years since I started? wow, nice one.cookiewise wrote:belt etc
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Uniform
The best thing about the Kagoule is that it's probably better than a bath sponge at absorbing water.Altrider wrote:RM's definition of waterproof differs from the real world. Even damp-proof would be pushing it![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
That's hysterical - they can't even get the clothing right. It's just crap all the way down isn't it?!!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The best thing about the Kagoule is that it's probably better than a bath sponge at absorbing water.Altrider wrote:RM's definition of waterproof differs from the real world. Even damp-proof would be pushing it![]()
Well I only hope the uniform offers a bit more protection than my own clothes which I was wearing for the first six weeks.
Do you need to surrender the uniform when you leave / are let go?!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Uniform
Yes. Criminals have been known to buy items off eBay and use them when committing crimes.cookiewise wrote:
Do you need to surrender the uniform when you leave / are let go?!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Uniform
Is there a good trade in mail crime clothing? Does posing as a mail person give you enhanced access to lucrative premises?!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. Criminals have been known to buy items off eBay and use them when committing crimes.cookiewise wrote:
Do you need to surrender the uniform when you leave / are let go?!
Should I post my storm jacket before I've even had a chance to try it out?!