ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Home Tech Renew !
-
donut
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 09:55
Home Tech Renew !
My home Tech I purchased through MYBundle comes to an end in November , anyone know if you can apply for new Tech once it finishes ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
What is it? I have never been able to get into that bundle thing anyway.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
TOTAL CON! if you want to keep it they'll give you a massive tax bill to pay!!
-
donut
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 09:55
Home Tech Renew !
miles_peters wrote:TOTAL CON! if you want to keep it they'll give you a massive tax bill to pay!!
Not sure about a "CON" , I knew what I`d be paying back ...and it helped my son to get the computer he wanted for collage as couldn`t afford to buy outright , I thought it was a good scheme !?
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
As far as I know you can have 2 tech devices at the same time as long as you dont go over the wages sacrifice threshold (which was around £20-£25 a week). You can also have one phone on the go at the same time.
I have to agree with the “con” comment though. I bought an ipad and a phone through it and it’s going to end up costing me a lot more than just buying them outright, but then I couldn’t afford to buy them outright in the first place. I was looking at the scheme a week or two ago just for a nosey and priced a nintendo switch which would end up costing nearly £600 over the two years.
I have to agree with the “con” comment though. I bought an ipad and a phone through it and it’s going to end up costing me a lot more than just buying them outright, but then I couldn’t afford to buy them outright in the first place. I was looking at the scheme a week or two ago just for a nosey and priced a nintendo switch which would end up costing nearly £600 over the two years.
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
Def paid out through the ear for my ipad pro 12", if you can its probably better to buy outright or on as little % finance with someone else I guess.
However for me it's been brilliant, yes I'll prob have to pay out now in December when it ends for the tax fee to keep it but I've got a piece of tech I love and use every day for drawing and stuff.
Recently ordered a Sonos Play1 and Nintendo Switch controller.
Depending on your mybundle spend you should be able to add more items
My ipad is £10.84 per week
And Sonos Play1 plus Switch controller is another £2.72 or so
Tech 1
Tech 2
And I have a choice to add a third now. I think the weekly limit is £35
However for me it's been brilliant, yes I'll prob have to pay out now in December when it ends for the tax fee to keep it but I've got a piece of tech I love and use every day for drawing and stuff.
Recently ordered a Sonos Play1 and Nintendo Switch controller.
Depending on your mybundle spend you should be able to add more items
My ipad is £10.84 per week
And Sonos Play1 plus Switch controller is another £2.72 or so
Tech 1
Tech 2
And I have a choice to add a third now. I think the weekly limit is £35
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
it may have worked out cheaper if you had got in on 0% financedonut wrote:miles_peters wrote:TOTAL CON! if you want to keep it they'll give you a massive tax bill to pay!!
Not sure about a "CON" , I knew what I`d be paying back ...and it helped my son to get the computer he wanted for collage as couldn`t afford to buy outright , I thought it was a good scheme !?
plus living with 2 years of being worried about even turning it on because they make such a big thing about 'you don't own it' is awful, but if it worked for you, that's good
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Home Tech Renew !
Seriously? I'm paying through the nose for an iPad which ends next April. How much tax will I have to pay????miles_peters wrote:TOTAL CON! if you want to keep it they'll give you a massive tax bill to pay!!
-
donut
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 09:55
Home Tech Renew !
GoingPostal86 wrote:Def paid out through the ear for my ipad pro 12", if you can its probably better to buy outright or on as little % finance with someone else I guess.
However for me it's been brilliant, yes I'll prob have to pay out now in December when it ends for the tax fee to keep it but I've got a piece of tech I love and use every day for drawing and stuff.
Recently ordered a Sonos Play1 and Nintendo Switch controller.
Depending on your mybundle spend you should be able to add more items
My ipad is £10.84 per week
And Sonos Play1 plus Switch controller is another £2.72 or so
Tech 1
Tech 2
And I have a choice to add a third now. I think the weekly limit is £35
Yes , i was basically upto my limit on the scheme ....but what i`m asking is as it comes to an end in november and gets paid off , can you order more Tech or have they stopped the scheme ?
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Home Tech Renew !
I should think so... They're currently updating the site. They have a livechat if you got to their website, you could ask them there?
Regarding the tax fee to keep stuff they enlmailed me this morning to say it would be £40-50 split over 12 months to keep my ipad pro
Regarding the tax fee to keep stuff they enlmailed me this morning to say it would be £40-50 split over 12 months to keep my ipad pro