Hi everyone,
I was delivering a package today and the customer said he's had 10 missing parcels in the past two months and seemed angry. I don't deliver there all the time so wasn't sure. My question is if there's a lot of parcels going missing to his address, am I going to get investigated?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
10 Missing Parcels
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
10 Missing Parcels
In my experience there is always someone whom seems to be waiting for a parcel or latter which never arrives!
In todays free for all in the parcel business did the person state whether the parcels were due to arrive by Royal Mail, did they have any evidence to support their clame?
Seems to me you are worrying over nothing, just chill
In todays free for all in the parcel business did the person state whether the parcels were due to arrive by Royal Mail, did they have any evidence to support their clame?
Seems to me you are worrying over nothing, just chill
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
People claim these things all the time, don't worry about it. Are they all via Royal Mail? I doubt it. Is said person shopping on Ebay? Never brought anything on there personally, but from what I hear it's pretty common for people to sell things that either don't exist or never get posted.
To get into trouble you'd have to be doing something wrong, clearly you're not. I just say to such angry customers: "I can only deliver what comes to me, contact customer services or the seller if you have a problem."
To get into trouble you'd have to be doing something wrong, clearly you're not. I just say to such angry customers: "I can only deliver what comes to me, contact customer services or the seller if you have a problem."
-
thepostie1975
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Sep 2018, 21:06
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
Yeah, he said all via RM, just worried I'll get in trouble for it. But sounds odd for 10 RM parcels to go missing to his address.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
10 Missing Parcels
You will only get in trouble if you are responsible for his packets going missing.thepostie1975 wrote:Yeah, he said all via RM, just worried I'll get in trouble for it. But sounds odd for 10 RM parcels to go missing to his address.
There may be an investigation. There may be test packets.
You just deliver what you have to deliver.
Were the packets from the same company? Do they have his correct address?
Is there a very similar address nearby - 10 Acacia Close and 10 Acacia Crescent?
Is he being reimbursed? Is he maybe running a scam? It is odd to wait for 10 packets to go missing before saying something.
Why doesn't he get his packets sent with some form of tracking so he can see where it is going wrong?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
In my experience if someone has not received an item it often means the customer hasn't sent it to the recipient yet.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
10 Missing Parcels
I work in the Callers Office and if a customer asks about non-delivery of parcels I suggest they find out if there is a tracking number and contact Customer Services.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
Make sure You do it by the book .No door stepping for Him and no leave with neighbour.Could be a neighbour that’s taking them
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
Doesn't happen very often but if a customer tells me they haven't received an item and I think they have then I strictly follow all the rules for that customer. I'm more than willing to help people out but if they are going to land me in the mire then that help ends.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
10 Missing Parcels
Always check that the packet is not in the office i have had a few that were there either because they were not 739nd or UTGE and by mistake have been booked in instead of redelivered.