ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Accidentally posted special

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MinTee
Posts: 82
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by MinTee »

Had a thick moment today, posted a special letter without getting a signature or scanning it. I dare say it was a heavy day today and I had some mug 2 doors down asking if I have a parcel for her as I was posting the letters. My mind slipped and there it went through the door?

Any idea what kind of discipline I’m in for?
Managers weren’t happy with me saying they have to fail it, that’s it’s unacceptable and It’s going to have ‘repurcssions’?

They can’t use the ‘you were rushing around’ argument as I was having to use a trolley and went 5 minutes over time.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by rubberbond »

You didn't sign it did you?
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by koolishy67 »

One person lost special in our office last year and he still working, so may be warning.
MinTee
Posts: 82
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by MinTee »

rubberbond wrote:You didn't sign it did you?
No I didn’t. Just got distracted and posted it
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by Seymour Buts »

You fessed up which is always a good thing, it won't be too serious as long as you have a relatively clean record I wouldn't have thought. If you posted through the right door, it's not like you've lost it either.

No idea if this was the case or not but NEVER put them in bundles; some people do in my office and it drives me round the bend. Asking for what has happened here to happen.
Mailman300
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by Mailman300 »

Don’t worry mate. Everybody makes mistakes. That’s what makes us human.
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Accidentally posted special

Post by Post12345 »

I left one in a bag once overnight.. collegue found it the next day. I'm still here. We are only human.... it's not like you left it on the roof of the van.. it will be a ticking off at best.... we are only human
farstrider
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by farstrider »

did that a few years back .informed manager straight away .item was put through as delivered and next day i got a signature for it just in case.. got a little bollocking nothing else
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by POSTMAN »

Make sure your rep is with you when you have to speak to management about it!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by crimson king »

I did this once. Put it through the door with the P739 :d'oh!

Rang manager right away and he was fine about it, said we'll deal with it if anything came of it. Never heard another another thing about it.

Hope you have a similar result and try not to worry about it in the meantime as it's really not the end of the world.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by Celgar »

I always put an elastic band around each SD item just as an additional reminder that I need to 'zap' it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by eastie »

MinTee wrote:Had a thick moment today, posted a special letter without getting a signature or scanning it. I dare say it was a heavy day today and I had some mug 2 doors down asking if I have a parcel for her as I was posting the letters. My mind slipped and there it went through the door?

Any idea what kind of discipline I’m in for?
Managers weren’t happy with me saying they have to fail it, that’s it’s unacceptable and It’s going to have ‘repurcssions’?
They can’t use the ‘you were rushing around’ argument as I was having to use a trolley and went 5 minutes over time.

Say back to the DOM "how many times have you f****d up my O/T !!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by eastie »

DOM's are more worried these days as its part of their bonus
Less complaints less failures etc
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Accidentally posted special

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yes it’s a mistake,but nobody died,in the bigger picture of things failing deliveries etc,it’s not the end of the world,these things happen,take it on the chin depending on what if anything the boss says,hopefully he’ll make the point which you’re well aware of and leave it at that,I’m sure you can quote a few mistakes that others may have had,as long there’s consistency with the outcome
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Accidentally posted special

Post by DB1100 »

I've done it,manager had a moan,that was it ,don't worry
For we were soldiers once,and young