ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New DPD small vans.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by Celgar »

Earlier on a DPD van similar in size to our regular RM small vans pulled up outside our house to deliver something. I haven't seen one of their small vans before - usually it's just the really large ones. Maybe DPD are investing in additional capacity rather than looking for cost savings.........
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by greengiant »

DPD Local perhaps? I've seen a few around my local area.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by Celgar »

greengiant wrote:DPD Local perhaps? I've seen a few around my local area.
You get the large size DPD vans in red livery. Then I think the large size DPD vans in blue livery say 'local' on them. This one was a small one of the Peugeot Bipper/Partner/Trek sized van with blue paint job but it didn't say 'local' on the side of the van. if
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by redneck »

There are a few round here, more rural areas, generally self employed basis still. And they moan like we do.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by Seymour Buts »

It's all franchised isn't it? I guess they can drive what they want. I'd guess bigger vans are the more common simply because they can get more in them, if you're paying for own fuel bill going back for more stuff coz your van is full probably isn't the best idea.
nodmijer
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Dec 2010, 00:03
Gender: Male

New DPD small vans.

Post by nodmijer »

Self employed, Driver usually leases the van and also pays a small amount for their own uniform. Tend not to take much leave as they have to cover their delivery by paying a contract driver out of their own pocket. Very similar set up to TNT and Amazon drivers .